cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andalg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Why don't loyal subscribers get free upgrades like the new home hub as I pay full price for option 3

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why don't loyal subscribers get free upgrades like the new home hub as I pay full price for opti

Tell me what company gives their existing customers freebies. You might get an offer if you renew contracts, but thats about all.

Every year my insurance renewal goes up..I go on to the internet to get a quote. The same Insurance company offer far better deals to NEW customers. Ask them why you cannot get it and they tell me it is just for new customers. I tell them I do not wish to renew my Insurance/cancel it and trhen sign up again at the new quote.

So when your contract is up, then is the time to demand something or be prepared to move on to pastures new.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Why don't loyal subscribers get free upgrades like the new home hub as I pay full price for opti

Further to what toekneem has said, the time to try an negociate a discount on your BB is when your contract is about up, if you are in an area where there are other ISP's, you are at an advantageSmiley Wink

You could also try blagging kit from them then.  

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
justatwork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

because no company will buy everybody new equipment every time they change the design !!!!!!!!!!! it may look different but it works and bt provide broadband to you and it wont change just by having one that looks nicer.

sky dont give you a new router/ box every time the change something on it

0 Ratings
andalg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

There has only been one design change in the home hub since it came out and as a matter of fact sky do offer updated boxes free (hd and sky +) I think that getting a free upgrade every ten years is not asking too much is it and would encourage loyalty.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Sky do not offer you NEW boxes for FREE, and Bt Home Hub 1, BT Home Hub 2, BT home Hub 3 and i believe at least one of those had a least 2 versions. And like as already been said, every time your contract is up ask for what you want. You may get it, you may not. You don't know untill you try.

When I want something, I make sure I have a backup plan first and If I don't get what I want, I make use of that Backup plan. 

[edit] I will add that loyalty does not come into it. I am sure that if Sky or Virgin or whoever came along and said to you we have this fantastic offer, you would consider it.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
justatwork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

As mentions there has been different home hubs launched with updates every year or every other year. Bt already offer the new hub at half price for exisiting customers. i guess everyone wants something for nothing

0 Ratings
andalg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Checked with BT contract had run out so managed to get new hub plus broadband at reduced rate for next 12 months so I will stop moaning now!
0 Ratings