cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jillyg
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Why don't you get a complaints ref no and WHO can I complain to???

We have rented 4 lines from BT for several years and had Broadband on one of those lines. Yesterday, we decided that we only needed 3 lines so decided to cancel one. I retrieved a copy of a bill in order to make sure we were cancelleing the the right line and noticed there were 2 charges for BT Broadband. So contacted BT to be told I did indeed have 2 broadbands and had been the proud owner of the 2nd one since 1.10.2012. This was checked and it was verified that no usage had been recorded on there but I had paid 30.17 a month fpr 27 months !! After several telephone calls managed to get the 2nd one cancelled then was put through to billing, who said they were sorry but too bad, it was on there and I had to pay. I did point out that I had never ordered broadband,  never received a hub for it and surely if I had ordered broadband, I would have phoned and asked for a hub. You can't use Broadband without a hub............ In fact the hub on the line we KNEW had broadband on, had to be relaced and I paid for it !!! She told me that if I wanted to query it. to ring 0800 111 4657. which I did and stated all of this again to the operator. I asked for an investigation into who and why Broadband was put on my phone, why no hub was sent and to verify again that I had not phoned and asked for a hub for that line and that I had been paying for it since 1.1.2012. He said it would be looked into and when I asked for a ref no for the complaint was told........'There are no reference numbers'. I asked when I would hear back and got the suitably vague reply 7/8 days. Surely there is some system for recognising customer complaints????????????

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why don't you get a complaints ref no and WHO can I complain to???

If you have broadband on a line, you have to pay for it, whether you use it or not. You do not have to use a home hub, many people use their own routers. The cost would have been shown on your monthly or quarterly bills.

You would have to check your original orders to see what was provided. Meanwhile, I have asked one of the forum moderators to help.

I am assuming that you are not a BT Business customer?

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 3 of 10

Hi Jillyg

Thanks for posting.

I can have this complaint picked up for you and investigated. Please send us an email using the Contact the Mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Jillyg
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I am not a business customer, but I did NOT ask for broadband to be put on the phone and yes the bill shows Broadband in 2 places.........but each heading is different, so I assumed it was broadband on the original line which was activated on 19.10.2006.  Now, I realise 57.16 was the cost for 2 broadbands not 1.  I realise the bill should have been checked in minute detail cos it lists the line rental and the broadband but the bill is unclear as to which line the broadband applies to...but all I want to know is who authorised the broadband to go onto my account? and get a reference number. Is that too much to ask?

0 Ratings
Jillyg
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Stuart, I have contacted you earlier ref no. is 150124-00****.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Have you filled in the "contact the mods" form as requested by Stuart?

If you have it will take a few working days for one of the moderation team to contact you with the result.

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 7 of 10

Hi JillyG

I can't see this email in our queue it may be with a separate department if you fill out the contact us form even if just to cross ref to the email sent earlier we can pick up and investigate for you.

The Contact the Mods link in my profile will come directly to the Moderation Team.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Jillyg
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

E mail submitted Stuart, thank you. Reg is 150124-00****

0 Ratings
Jillyg
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Keith...........surely, whether you use it or not a free hub should be supplied for a broadband service?
0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 10 of 10

Hi Jillyg

Thanks I can see the email in the queue we will be in touch when it reaches the top.

Stuart

0 Ratings