cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 22

Re: Why has BT Home Hub 5 Started Blocking Inbound UDP Packages

Something that is confusing me, especially given that I replaced my HH5 last night with a friends HH5 and immediately got the same error due to incoming UDP packets being blocked.

Does the HH5 report events that occur "upstream"? i.e. while a package is making it's way back to my network (having made it to my company server and it responds), it gets blocked by a router it has to travel through.  How would the HH5 know that it was blocked somewhere out in the internet? Would the router send a message to the originating machine stating it has been blocked?

I can understand if the HH5 firewall blocked traffic; it would be easy for the HH5 to log and report this.  In the same, way, if the traffic gets through the HH5 firewall, my windows software firewall may block it, but then the software firewall would report it.

I don't understand how the HH5 could physically block data if the firewall is turned completely off.  In this case, it seems to me, it must simply be reporting blockages that occurred elsewhere on the internet i.e. before they get to the HH5.

I would appreciate some clarity on exactly what the HH5 event viewer can report.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 22

***** DON'T POST ON THIS TOPIC, POST ON THE TOPIC IDENTIFIED BELOW ******

********    PLEASE READ   ***********

Rather than posting on this thread, please post on the following thread, which attempts to centralise a number of similar posts:

Incoming Messages Being Blocked on Infinity - Affects VPN and Games Consoles

0 Ratings