cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philo2
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Why has this Cabinet not been enabled with fibre: Cabinet 43 Balham

I'm living in South London and am connected to cabinet 43, Balham Exchange which still has not been connected to fibre. Last year the BT openreach website first said the cabinet for my area would be enabled with fibre between January and March. That date slipped to between July to December. Since the start of this year fibre was still not avaliable and the status of fibre installation changed to "Under Review". I did send a message at the start of this year to BT Openreach via the BT Openreach website asking why fibre had not been installed in my area but unfortunatly all I got was a very generic cut and paste reply saying they were rolling out busy rolling out fibre but did not provide any more information.

Does anyone know what is exactly going on with this cabinet and why it has not upgraded with fibre? What exactly does Under Review mean? Does it mean BT Openreach may decide not bother to install fibre on the cabinet at all.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why has this Cabinet not been enabled with fibre: Cabinet 43 Balham

@Philo2 wrote:

I'm living in South London and am connected to cabinet 43, Balham Exchange which still has not been connected to fibre. Last year the BT openreach website first said the cabinet for my area would be enabled with fibre between January and March. That date slipped to between July to December. Since the start of this year fibre was still not avaliable and the status of fibre installation changed to "Under Review". I did send a message at the start of this year to BT Openreach via the BT Openreach website asking why fibre had not been installed in my area but unfortunatly all I got was a very generic cut and paste reply saying they were rolling out busy rolling out fibre but did not provide any more information.

Keep sending a form in until you get a response from a person.

Does anyone know what is exactly going on with this cabinet and why it has not upgraded with fibre? What exactly does Under Review mean? Does it mean BT Openreach may decide not bother to install fibre on the cabinet at all.

Yes

0 Ratings