cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

Why have I been charged?

Go to solution
I have seen a charge of £17.95 on my bank statement from BT wifi with FON. I do not use hot spots as have an unlimited data allowance and certainly will not use it. How would I go about being reimbursed for this transaction? I did not authorise any financial transaction.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Why have I been charged?

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you my liege!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Whyhaveibeencharged,

I'll be able to check to see if that charge has been raised through your BT account. If it hasn't then you might need to raise a dispute with your Bank. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Here's the kicker: I'm an O2 mobile user. I have no BT account. My only use of BT is via proxy through sky tv. I was charged in Bristol, whilst out and about.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
"via proxy" - I think our home phone line is BT. The charge was via my mobile phone.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Whyhaveibeencharged wrote:
Here's the kicker: I'm an O2 mobile user. I have no BT account. My only use of BT is via proxy through sky tv. I was charged in Bristol, whilst out and about.

Then I would have thought it was Sky to need to discuss this with, or contact your bank. BT Retail, who run this forum, would have no means of chasing this up. Perhaps you bought a BT Openzone subscription, or BT Wifi one, or were automatically subscribed by Sky, when you accessed the service?

Either way, there is nothing this forum, or BT Retail employees can do.

BT Broadband users have free access to BT Wifi/FON, if they are opted in.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Sounds as if you've been charged for 5 day passes to the Fon network, which in the UK is provided via BT Wi-fi hotspots and those owned privately by Fon members. If you didn't give your bank details someone else has.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you for your kind assistance in this quandary. I shall contact my bank. I didn't know where else to go as I couldn't get through to BT wifi with FON.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
I shall definitely contact my bank if that's the case!!
0 Ratings