cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: Why have I changed from Quarterly to Monthly billing?

Real world 21st century please guys..

If you determine that a contract is to be monthly billed. If that contract starts in May then the timing of the monthly bill is due in June. At which point you correct (refund) any charges. If you are not doing that then issue  a clear schedule of what you intend to do.  Further if the concept is whole billling each month any credit that has been  accumulated should automatically be returned to the customer .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 15

@zulu17 wrote:

Real world 21st century please guys..

If you determine that a contract is to be monthly billed. If that contract starts in May then the timing of the monthly bill is due in June. At which point you correct (refund) any charges. If you are not doing that then issue  a clear schedule of what you intend to do.  Further if the concept is whole billling each month any credit that has been  accumulated should automatically be returned to the customer .

More polite please.....

Line Rental Saver (the subject of my post) does not start a new contract. In fact, I am currently not in a contract, only rolling monthly terms.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Lots of people don't renew their contracts on the same day as the line rental saver, and lots of peoples line rental does not run out on the last day of their quartely bill.  There can't be specific billing rules for each customer, that would cause much greater confusion for customers and advisors.

Anyway I'm not trying to defend, only trying to explain. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 15

I was describing my experience - I took out a new contract and took out line rental saver at the same time thereby the company had all the information they needed to correctly establish billing , refunds etc.... In reality they have taken between 4 and 5 months to achieve it.

Your experience is how a customer should be treated. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Thank you - that's very helpful and does at last make sense.

It would take very little effort for BT to explain this when they change a policy in such a drastic way, and would prevent cynical people like me attributing it to some new means of squeezing more money out of us.

0 Ratings