cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilO
Message 11 of 18

Re: Why is BT blocking non-BT DNS servers?

@Virtual-Knight64 Thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the DNS issues you've been having recently. We'll need to get this looked into as it sounds like the parental controls are still active on your connection.  

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

@Virtual-Knight64

@Virtual-Knight64 wrote:

Yes, I did all that. It didn't work.

then that is your problem - get rid of parental controls - mods have offered assitance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Virtual-Knight64
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

The DNS blockage seems to change. In my last post, I said I couldn't access Nintendo's UK site. Right now, I can, but now it's blocking Tumblr. It even blocks when I type in bt.co.uk. Also, DNS Benchmark is able to connect to non-BT DNS servers again. I doubt it'll be able to for long. Neil0, I'm not actually the account holder, my uncle Richard is. I just live with him. I thought I should explain that before using the contact a mod link in your post, in case something doesn't add up.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 14 of 18

Have you tried incognito mode or adding an  https  tool to your browser ? (chrome, firefox, opera ect) 

While your testing - have a google about "dns crypt" with your opendns  &  "https everywhere" browser add on.

Just a thought if the Nominum services are  indeed switched off.

0 Ratings
Virtual-Knight64
Beginner
Message 15 of 18

Just tried it. Using private browsing mode bypassed the block! I thought the blocking was the ISP's doing? Does this mean the something on my end's causing the problem?

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 16 of 18

Yes its come up before as a browser issue. 

Have a google about "bleachbit clean"  and see if that helps fix things.

0 Ratings
Virtual-Knight64
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

I downloaded and used the bleachbit program. Still getting the DNS blockage page.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 18 of 18

Have you tried changing your ip?

Don't need to reboot the hub just disconnect and reconnect  via the button in mysevices.

0 Ratings