cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Why is BT sport so **bleep**! Not been able to watch one game in full without problems all season!!!

Why is it impossible for BT Sport to stream a game this season without problems? Not one time this season have I been able to watch a game without it freezing, crashing or failing to load. I suppose I shouldn't expect much for free, but this is awful! Given up trying tips and tricks from this forum. Think I'll give up completely, save the frustration and stress! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why is BT sport so **bleep**! Not been able to watch one game in full without problems all seaso

What device(s) are you viewing on ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Why is BT sport so **bleep**! Not been able to watch one game in full without problems all seaso

Hi, if you can answer the questions below it would give a good indicator of what part of the service is failing. Thanks Are you using wifi or mobile data? Does this happen on youtube, Netflix or iplayer also? Do you have BT TV? are you able to watch BT sport on STB ok? Does this happen everywhere or specific location? what device are you using?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Using the iOS app on iPhone and iPad. All up to date software wise OS and app. Only streaming on wifi, occasionally attempting to cast to my chromecast. With very little success, I might add. Got a pretty decent connection, average 20-30Mbps. I have next to no problems streaming any other media, including Netflix in 4K. I don't have BT tv, or use a set top box. Only try to use it in my house. The stream will buffer, not start (with various error messages), and sometimes I can't even log into the app. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Yes that does not sound like that's working quite right with streaming/buffering. This can be caused by a number of connection related issues. A good test would be to try on mobile data to see if it works. It would be good if you could call the below number and report the issue. An advisor can take you through some basic checks and hopefully resolve or escalate to the technical team for further support 08001114567
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Which homehub are you using ?   If a homehub 4 or 5  see

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Yep this is worth a try, but doesn't explain why only BT sport s affected
0 Ratings