Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
k3lvc
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Why is life with BT so difficult - slow speed and going round in circles

We moved into our property in Sept 2009 and decided to stay with BT option 3 & Vision after discussing with new neighbours (who share a telegraph pole) and seeing their speed at 5.5-6.5mb/s. Once we moved in and connected we struggled to get 1.5mb/s meaning no on-demand from Vision.

Complained at the time and were told that the excahneg was over subscribed and we were in a queue for upgrade during 2010.

Eventually a few weeks ago with no progress I decided to start pushing again.

Case 1 raised on 24th Feb led to a 2hr visit from an engineer to the house on 1st March - no problems there so somehow translates into case 2 (opened on 1st March) which should have releted to an exchange visit to solve the issue.

Case 2 - we'll ring you between 12.30 & 13.30 on 2nd March - you need to be at the house - no call received so I ring them. Don't know what happened but we'll ring you between 9am and 11am on 3rd and you don't need to be at the house - again no call received. Rang them - no trace of case, denied all knowledge that an engineer had ever visited my house, back to square 1 for an engineer to visit on 14th meaning another morning off work.

I'm out of conntarct so could cancel but moving to another provider won't necessarily solve a line issue but I really don't give 2 hoots whether BT thingummyjig haven't spoken to BT wotsit - the constant passing the buck sucks.

Any suggestions on how to resolve before telephones are a thing of the past and we all communicate via thought bubbles

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Riffle
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why is life with BT so difficult - slow speed and going round in circles

Change Providers!

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

ok First off please post up 2 things for me:

1. A speedtest from ... http://speedtester.bt.com/

and

2. also post your homehub/routers line stats after posting both of these, i'll reply to help you further.

Kindest Regards

IceZaroth

BT Community Helper

0 Ratings
k3lvc
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Tried this at a previous address with an attempted move to Sky. Issue was at the exchange and Sky couldn't get BT to sort it - spent 6months with no BB and don't want to go through that again (although if someone tells me things have changed I might give it a go)

0 Ratings
k3lvc
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks IceZaroth - back in the UK on Friday so I'll do it then

0 Ratings