cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Why is my broadband connection so slow?!

Go to solution
Just reset the router and saw a whopping 10kbps increase in upload speed:

Down: 1.96
Up: 0.01
Ping: 263.33

Stats:

19:34:00, 17 Jun. ( 112.340000) DSL noise margin: 6.10 dB upstream, 9.00 dB downstream
19:33:59, 17 Jun. ( 111.280000) DSL line rate: 72 Kbps upstream, 13707 Kbps downstream

I don't understand why my D-Link cannot access the internet though, despite a green LED indicating an internet connection is established. Doesn't it suggest there's something wrong with the line? Incredibly frustrating...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Did you change the username in the dlink to bthomehub@btbroadband.com. And if password needed then just use BT and see if that connects

But sounds like new hub required and you need to phone customer services

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

I forgot to change the username! I had reset the D-Link when I saw my connection dropping, but I forgot that the username also resets back to the default TalkTalk username. After changing it, I am back at 12Mbps download speeds and 900Kbps upload speeds. Thank you so much!

Unfortunately the BTHub4 is still poor and is just plain not working. I should point out it is a replacement router (replacing my previous router which had the exact same problem) which I received last week and which I connected for the first time yesterday (when my D-Link stopped working). It seems the issue is with all BTHub4 routers, not just this specfic one.

Oh well, at least the main problem is fixed. Thanks again for your help!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Dlink working well for you so forget the hh4

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings