cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: Why is my internet SLOWER after moving to ADSLmax

Keith I have just noted the OP has been upgraded to ADSL MAX today the mods may not act just yet as the line is just starting its training period
0 Ratings
Ladycazzeh
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

I apologise for sounding ratty John46 but I've spent the best part of a week banging my head off my desk trying various things to get my connection uptime successfully monitored and failing miserably.

I can hand on heart say however, that there is probably only a period of 6 hours per day where my connection can drop, as at all other times I'm either glued to my PC online gaming on things such as World of Warcraft (where if I lose connection for even a second, it logs me out straight away) or Runescape, and Ive not experienced any disconnects from those at all. If im not on those, Im on my xbox 360 playing online multiplayer games such as Modern Warfare 3 and would also notice the disconnects from there. Thats kind of how I discovered there was a problem with my internet locally on Sunday, kept getting kicked to lobby, then logged out of Xbox Live.

Also, Just noticed, Should I wait a while and see if the IP profile changes then John? 

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 13 of 16

The problem is that your currently in a 10 day stabilisation period which means that the exchange is currently finding the right speed for your line and your IP profile should increase during this time, as I said in my other post.

Not sure if BT Care Team can reset your IP Profile till your out of the 10 day stabilisation period as there system may not allow them, but we'll see what Keith and john46 think

cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

as i posted as you only moved to ADSLMAX today you are currently in a 10 day line training period and your profile should rise automatically during that time normally BT will not carry out any changes manually until the training period is over you could contact the mods but be aware they may give you that reply it would then mean re contacting them again if it has stuck after the 10 days

i do understand your feelings but it is at the moment a matter of waiting really then contacting the mods if needed
0 Ratings
Ladycazzeh
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

I'll keep checking it over the next 10 days and then if it shows no change then I will contact them then. Hopefully, fingers crossed, it will all be fixed soon.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

please do keep us informed on your progress
0 Ratings