cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kilsally
Beginner
Message 11 of 22

Re: Why no ITV1 catch up in Northern Ireland?

So what about Scotland`s STV player?

Does seem a little odd to block ITV Player when I can access it from my computer with no issues

0 Ratings
petelad
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Yea and the PC version of itv player doesnt seem to have any geolocking, other than maybe ip based.  Used to ask for postcode but thats no more.

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 22

Why though, if BT Vision can run the ITV Player on their own boxes, can they not run it within the BT Vision portal on their supplied Freeview Boxes? If there are to be two versions (or three if you count the original) they should make it very clear from the outset. As I said before, they go to great pains to explain sport is missing, why not everything else?
0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 22

I meant "YouView boxes" above.
0 Ratings
wdee
Beginner
Message 15 of 22

Just like to add my comments. I checked this all before i signed up for Youview, did the availability checker etc on the youview website where you have to supplyb your postcode. It said i can get ITV player and UTV and Radio Ulster. It didnt say that i couldnt get ITV 1,2 and 3 player or that I couldnt get historic access to UTV. The whole ethos of the Youview offering is that you can scroll back 7 days. What a rip-off. Stand up and complain. Write to Advertising standards Authority, your MP, Ofcom and Alan Sugar who is the chairman. And the BBC who are a main backer. Shame on BT NI for participating in this cowboy scam.

And I changed from the crappy BT vision because my channel sequence is like a mixed grill. Frying pan to fire with another useless BT product, not commercially viable. The cheapest freeview box in Tesco can organise the channel sequence. And i can access ITV player on my phone. Not a single commercial gene in the whole organisation; Bt should learn from its competitors and bring in somebody who has some affinity for customer expectations.

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 22

To be fair, it's not a BT issue, it's a YouView one, but as someone else who moved from Vision to YouView, I agree they SHOULD tell you at point of sign up that the box will NOT carry ITV1 catch up programming. If you still have your vision box, just plug it back in and use it for ITV content as the Vision Box, does carry ITV catch Up programming.

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 22

I should add to the above **If you live in Northern Ireland**

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 18 of 22

ITV Plc who operate the ITV Player can only offer it in the Channel 3 areas (England and Wales) they hold the OFCOM licence for, they're not allwed to offer it in Scotland and NI where the Channel 3 licences are held by STV and UTV.

STV have enabled their Player app on YouView, UTV haven't. 

BT should have told you this before selling you the box but ultimately only UTV can remedy the issue. 

The same restrictions apply on other platforms including iOS and Android

"People in some regions will be restricted to only be able to view ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and CITV programmes."

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/itv-player/id446079916?mt=8

"People in some regions will be restricted to only viewing ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and CITV programmes." 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.ITVMobilePlayer

Viewers in NI need to make their displeasure known to UTV.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 22

Wonder why the same restriction doesn't apply on Sky's Catch Up offering. ALL of ITV's programming made available on Skys service across ALL the ITV channel range is available to download here in NI from ITV Player catch up on Sky in tandem with the rest of the UK. Obviously no licence issues exist in the respect of satellite.

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 22

Just a thought, but if you change your postcode in the settings on your box to one from the mainland do you get full ITV player?
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---