cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Why would they miss 1 house in the fibre rollout?

This follows on from my previous thread here https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Weird-issue-with-house-number-plot-number-n... as I think it warrants a thread of its own.

Long story short I have pressured BT for quite a few years about getting fibre installed as we are a small village connected direct to the exchange, in the evening it can be quite congested.  I've spoke to my local MP quite a few times and he also applied pressure to get us fibre installed.

Just by chance I had an Openreach engineer out a couple of weeks back and enquired about fibre and was told it had been installed since Christmas, I checked the Openreach site not available at my house, just by chance I checked the rest of the house in my small 40 something house estate, yes they can all get it.

I contacted BT who where sure it must be some sort of database issue and would investigate, I got a call back from someone senior at BT who at the same time were speaking to Openreach and yes the checker is correct I am the only house not connected nor could they tell me why this has happened or when or if ever I will be connected. 

What I can understand is why this would be, there is nothing particularly different about my house compared to the other houses in my estate, its slap bang in the middle of the estate, not the first or last built.  I'm just confused really as to why this would happen and sickened considering the work I put in to get fibre installed in this area, it all seems rather spiteful.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why would they miss 1 house in the fibre rollout?

Perhaps THIS may help.

Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for that, I'll contact them and see what they say.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 5

Please keep us updated.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Right guys, I put a complaint into Openreach, low and behold can order today, Order placed for Infinity 1 with FTTP

0 Ratings