Hi, so i've been a BT customer for a couple years now, and i've always been having problems with the Homehub routers, i'm currently using a Homehub 2 and every evening, without fail, from around 11pm until sometime in the morning, none of my wireless devices can connect (phone and xbox 360). It works fine during the day and my ethernet connection is fine but i'm finding this more and more frustrating as i've trawled over the web finding soultions such as performing a factory reset, switch from WPA/WPA2 to WEP, switch to just WPA, change the channel to 1/6/11 and nothing seems to work, I still lose connection late evening and I'm at a complete loss. I've had two homehubs prior to this and the same issue with both, however all 3 of the homehubs ive had were not like this when new, they all worked fine for a half year to a year.
Does anyone have any suggestion on what to do as i'm tearing my hair out trying to get to the bottom of this.
Some good suggestions, but nope, both of them are disabled on my hub manager. 😞
When the wifi drops out can you connect to the internet by ethernet?
If it is a wireless problem and not a broadband connection problem the visit: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13904/c/346
If you have a HH3 and have smart wireless enabled then try this:
1. Enter http://bthomehub.home in your web browser
2. If this is the first time you have visited the Hub Manager you'll be asked to change the password.
3. Click on Settings and enter your password if required.
4. Click on Wireless.
5. In the Wireless Channel section click on Refresh.
6. The Hub will check the wireless channels and after about a minute will have chosen the best one.
Did you check the power saving options as John suggested?