cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Wi Fi Light On Home Hub Keeps dropping

I know this subject comes up every now and again but my Blue Wi Fi Light keeps going out every couple of minutes which is causing all my wireless devices to lose connection (very frustrating).

I've tried changing channels and turning everything on and off but could it be a problem that is beyond my powers to resolve?

I hope someone can help,

Phil

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Wi Fi Light On Home Hub Keeps dropping

Try disabling smart wireless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

I have had the same problems. I actually thought it was a loose wire coming from my plug. I have now learned it is not. I hope this can be resolved for you.

Frances
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Thanks Keith - but I've already tried changing the channel from 6 to 11 - then i tried channel 1 (even though it was the same as a neighbour's channel) all to no effect.

When I change the channel on the home hub settings to a different channel does this automatically disable smart wireless?

Apologies for posting in the wrong place by the way

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Hi Frances - how did the matter resolve itself?  Hope you managed to get it fixed as its maddening!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

There are 13 channels to choose from, if you disable smart wireless.

Smart wireless ony checks channels 1, 6, and 11.  These are quite often in use, which is why it keeps retrying them.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/kw/change%20wireless%20channel/c/346,407,410

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Thanks Keith but I've already changed the channel manually - is there anything else I can try or do you think its a faulty router.  The blue light keeps going out every 60 seconds or so...regardless of the channel.  The odd thing is that it seems to get better after 10.30 or so at night.  I initially thought it could be interference as I've just bought a new Samsung TV but I unplugged the tv and the wireless light still kept on dropping from the hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Can you still connect using an Ethernet connection?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Yes - Ethernet is perfect, I tested the speeds while I had a wired connection and as the wireless light went out the speeds were spot on.
Whatever it is - its affecting wifi only. Believe it or not the wifi light keeps switching off every 35 seconds - anyone have any ideas? I dont want to have to spend an hour on the phone to India!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

which hub are you using
0 Ratings