Message 11 of 19

Re: Wi Fi Light On Home Hub Keeps dropping

Hi - its the HH3

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

I've just had the same problem.  The Technical Team in India were useless.  I ended up phoning the Options Team on 0800 800 030 (choose option 1 - cancel broadband).  Phone was answered in Newcastle within a minute and as soon as I mentioned Wi-Fi dropping and Home Hub 3 I was offered a new Home Hub 5 to "fix the problem".  Total call time was less than 10 minutes.  Had to recontract for another 12 months but that was no problem.

Regards,

Ian

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

I've just found out that it's my new Samsung TV that is causing the issue.  When the TV is on I lose wifi every 34 seconds - its driving me mad - especially as the retailer (Richer Sounds) doesnt believe me.

I've put my old trusty tv back in service and hey presto - no more wi fi cut outs.

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

TVs can cause interference with wireless connections. Make sure your Homehub is not near to the TV and certainly not plugged into the same electrical socket.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Thanks - its tricky for me to move the router as the BT socket is right by the tv. I've already moved the power socket of the tv onto a different socket but its still knocking out the wifi
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

You haven't said whether or not it's Infinity or "normal" broadband that you have. Either way you could move the homehub further away from the TV. Depending on which broadband you have will decide what cable to use and as long as you buy a decent cable you shouldn't loose much if any speed. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

It's Infinity but with the current cables I have (and the fact out Sky HD Box is wired to Infinity) I can't move the router more than 3 feet away fro the tv.  Our previous tv never caused any kind of issue with the wifi...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

TVs should not cause interference but some do. If it is the only thing that has changed and you are sure it is the TV that is causing the problem your only options are to buy longer cables and move the hub or move the TV or complain to Richer Sounds or Samsung and see what they have to say about it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Thanks - Samusung are not aware of any wifi interference issues with the tv and I have an engineer coming from Richer Sounds.  I'll let you know what he says although Id like to return the tv due to this issue.

0 Ratings