Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redlion72
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Wi-fi connected no internet hh3

Go to solution
We are currently getting this problem about a dozen times a day. The solution is to reset the wi-fi router, this solves the issue temporarily.... Until it happens again a little later on.

So annoying. Currently paying a small fortune to BT infinity for broadband. Rang call centre (in India) they wanted to know how many devices we had connected. I said that that shouldn't matter and eventually after an argument hung up.

Any one else having this problem?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wi-fi connected no internet hh3

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Does the connection problem occur with Ethernet connected devices?

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

0 Ratings
Redlion72
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply, no Ethernet connected devices are not affected. I will try a factory reset and get back to you.
0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

This has been happening to me with my HH3A for several months - i believe that the problem is a joint in the HH - I can connect wirelessly to the hub, but not any further -- ethernet connections are fine. I overcome by using the AP mode on a TP Link TL- WR702N connected over an ethernet connection so it acted as a wireless point.

I use this when abroad to receive an encripted wi fi via ethernet in the hotel room.

They cost about 15 - 20 pounds.

Several times I have reported the fault to BT and they send a "new" 3A, which will fail before too long.

Last week I renewed my broadband contract (without penalty using the price rise clause) and as part of the deal have received a new HH6.

Hope this helps

Michael.

0 Ratings
Redlion72
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Factory reset seems to have solved it thanks Keith_Beddoe 😀
0 Ratings
Redlion72
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Aaargh, problem has now reoccurred! Will try phoning BT. I notice John Lewis are offering similar speeds for much less (via plusnet which is owned by BT)....
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

You can always use your own router, you do not have to use a home hub.

It could be wireless interference, as this is a very common problem. You can try all of the 13 wireless channels to see if there is any improvement. You need to turn smart wireless off to do that. Smart wireless only has a choice of three channels. Channel 13 is usually a good choice.

0 Ratings
Redlion72
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Possibly, however it is showing connected no internet on all devices, restarting the router fixes it temporarily.

Maybe need more powerful wi-fi router to blast the neighbours of the air.

Ideally we'd just have one router for the whole street.
0 Ratings