cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rikthemix
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

WiFi devices on BT Infinity HH disconnect from internet several times a day.

Since November 2011 when the last Firmware update took place on my Infinity HH I have been getting frequent failures with the WiFi connections. Basically all the WiFi connected devices loose the ability to connect to the Internet. They are still connected to the Home Hub though!!

To solve the issue I do nothing except cycle the mains to the HH. After the reboot all is OK again until it happens the next time.

This failure, apart from being really annoying happens 2 to 3 times a day at worst.

The ethernet port connected devices are unaffected.

Any takers?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
tecmic
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: WiFi devices on BT Infinity HH disconnect from internet several times a day.

I'm anticipating moving to the same configuration (when bt finally decide to give me Infinity)

The fact that it recovers after a power recycle (as this causes a reboot of the Router's logic) suggests to me that there is a problem/fault with the Router's soft/hardwired logic.

This doesn't appear to be a widespread problem, so have you approached bt with this?  A replacement Router, maybe?

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Re: WiFi devices on BT Infinity HH disconnect from internet several times a day.

same thing was happening to me...

I just changed over to the Netgear N750 WNDR4000 router, no problems since the move.

I have a thread on it..

0 Ratings
spooksman
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I had similar issues - just put a Netgear N600 WNDR3700 in to replace the HH3 - I'll let you know how it goes, but after 1hr things are looking solid and everything is connected at high speed.

G

0 Ratings
rikthemix
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi, I haven't approached BT with this problem as 1) I don't have the time to waste waiting for someone in another continent to answer and 2) I don't have an ounce of confidence that they could rectify the problem anyway. In my years of computer experience I feel it is pretty obvious that this is due to a bug introduced by the last firmware update (I didn't have the problem before it) and that it will magically disappear when the next update or two get rolled out - at which point BT will deny there was ever a problem and it will just get forgotten.

I hope somebody at Martlesham or wherever the clever BT people are might just see this post and realise what the problem is and do something about it.

0 Ratings
thehinchman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Yes - I've had the same problem since about November.  A laptop which had been connecting to the internet painlessly for several years, stopped connecting.  It would connect to the local network but not the internet.  Spent several days working with laptop network settings as described on the internet for dealing with the general problem.  Eventually found the problem discussed elsewhere on the BT forum where the solution proposed was to power recycle the HUB3.  That worked first time and the problem has not recurred.

0 Ratings
sm100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I have had the same issue. BT's answer now is there is no problem. Which clearly there is.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Infinity-Wireless/m-p/304341/highlight/true#M16117

0 Ratings
Rackharrow
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I'm on the old broadband with a wired BT router which has been failing up to three times weekly ever since they sent it years ago - double the annoyance now with a smart TV. BT quality folks!  I'm due to be connected to Infinity on Friday and I'm become less and less confident the more I read this forum!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Just be prepared to change the HH3 for a different router, as suggested in many threads.

0 Ratings