cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

WiFi disc connection to sky minibox

hi,

I have a sky minibox in my kitchen, and I've always struggled to get a good WiFi signal to it.

I've tried WiFi boosters (bt disc) but this doesn't help.

I have since been advised that WiFi boosters won't help with the connection from the main sky box to the mini box as the connection goes straight from my main sky box to my mini box.

So, I went on the app and looked at the connected devices and my sky mini boxes don't show.

So, my main question, if I connected via ethernet from my bt WiFi booster disc direct to my minibox in the kitchen will the connect the mini box directly to the WiFi and help with my signal issues? Thanks.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: WiFi disc connection to sky minibox

Your sky mini box needs to connect to the main sky q  in addition to the hub   try checking the hub wireless settings  and make sure the 5ghz network is using a different channel to 36   try 44 or 48 as the sky q mesh uses channel 36

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings