cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

WiFi signal

Had infinity for just over one month now and i must admit the sub hub is Rubbish i live in a ground floor one bedroomed flat with garden but i cannot get signal in my back garden I have done it split signal change signal channel . I never had this problem with Virgin hub 3. The hubs are the same place all i get upsell upell the Hub 6 supposed to be the best of the leading broadband providers for wifi but we all don't live in test houses so angry
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: WiFi signal

There are many reasons for poor Wi-Fi coverage not just router and hub problems have you tried changing wireless modes that is often a help
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I have changed my channel but Bt should be able to makes a router that works in the average house most people's houses/flats at were built more than 20 years ago and don't live in test houses or Laboratories
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The power of wifi signals is governed by law in this country, All router manufacturers have to abide by the maximum power they are allowed to transmit. The only scope for improvement is in aerial design and BT choose to have pretty boxes with internal aerials rather than more efficient external ones that some routers employ. Probably because that's what most cutomers prefer to see. A triumph of form over function!