Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoctorDunc
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Wierdness accessing HomeHub2

Go to solution

Sorry to be so vague but I'm not sure what's going on here.  The problem may have started when I installed Comodo IceDragon and set it to use its own secure DNS settings.

Now, when I try to access the Home Hub settings using either bthomehub.home (which was bookmarked and definitely working) I get a blank page in both IceDragon and Firefox but in IE I get a 404 error.  I can only get in via 192.168.1.254.

Something has definitely changed but what?

I have reset the hub to defaults but it's made no difference.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wierdness accessing HomeHub2

Go to solution

If you use a custom DNS, it cannot resolve local DNS entries like bthomehub.home.

0 Ratings
DoctorDunc
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, Keith.  That would explain it.  I have now changed the adapter settings back to automatically obtain the DNS but I'm still getting the blank page when try to access the hub locally, even after a reboot of my pc.  In the end I'll probably stick to the Comodo DNS servers and set these in the router but I'd love to know how to roll back this blank page business first.

My router settings are 213.120.234.42 (DNS#1) and 194.74.65.69 (DNS#2).  These are presumably the default settings so why aren't things as they were?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You cannot change the DNS setting on the home hub 2, so you are stuck with the BT ones, which are usually fine.

0 Ratings
DoctorDunc
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Right-o, thanks.  Looks like I've got another issue, possibly with local hosts, then.

0 Ratings