Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ollie2222
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1051 of 1,144

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

@Mark77

Once again thanks for the quick answers, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Scazwh26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1052 of 1,144

Go to solution
After many unsuccessful attempts and a new sim from BT. I have finally got my S9+ (running BTU) working with 4G calling (worked with Wi-Fi calling using the EE APN), I first tried flashing the EE EVR firmware which slowed performance and tripped Knox (so no Samsung Pay, banking apps, Samsung Pass or Samsung Health).

I then installed XEU which worked and ran with that for 2 ish weeks but got no 4G calling and the CSC code was still BTU.

I then tried last night again flashing a newer EE EVR firmware which succeeded but then got stuck in a boot loop. So I entered recovery mode and cleared data/ wipe and it rebooted running BTU (original firmware out of the factory). Setup the phone thinking for gods sake and there it was, Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE were working.

I tested VoLTE this morning while in work, it's brilliant as I was trying to find address so talking to a colleague and googling at the same time.

Not sure why it wouldn't work properly in the first instance as I have tried ID Mobile sim before and it worked as soon as I put the sim in.

All in all, great result.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 1053 of 1,144

Go to solution

@Scazwh26

... but at least you have a happy ending and got both Wifi & 4G Calling Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Scazwh26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1054 of 1,144

Go to solution
Definitely a happy ending. I was rather annoyed thay I had a factory unlocked S9+ on pre-order but couldn't use it with the features that BT support on a phone officially supported. Oh well, it's working now.
0 Ratings
Mark77
Contributor
Message 1055 of 1,144

Go to solution
Maybe soon, EE are now allowing Samsung XEU on VoLTE on certain handsets (confirmed with cpw bought A3 2017).

Oreo update seemed to do it, if anyone else is on that csc, I imagine the update will allow it on BT too (might need EE APN I'm not sure).
0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 1056 of 1,144

Go to solution

Does anyone know if iPhone SE support 4g (VoLTE) calling on BT or is it only iPhone 6 and later models please?

0 Ratings
Mark77
Contributor
Message 1057 of 1,144

Go to solution
Yes the SE supports volte and VoWiFi
Newbie2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1058 of 1,144

Go to solution
I just updated my factory unlocked galaxy s9 plus to a new update that came up this evening and lo and behold I have VoLTE enabled on S9 PLUS. The update is about 300 megabytes in size. For all those who have the factory unlocked s9 plus, try updating your phone and you should have VoLTE enabled.
0 Ratings
benfish
Beginner
Message 1059 of 1,144

Go to solution
Yeah same here. Gives me access to 800MHz LTE and now I get full 4G on the toilet at work!!
0 Ratings
Mark77
Contributor
Message 1060 of 1,144

Go to solution

@benfishwrote:
Yeah same here. Gives me access to 800MHz LTE and now I get full 4G on the toilet at work!!

Makes it all worth it! Haha

0 Ratings