Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaguarLover101
Beginner
Message 1081 of 1,144

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

Wifi Calling on my Samsung S7 Edge was killed by the 1st July Update, however with todays update it has now been reinstated along with VoLTE on BTU!

0 Ratings
johna56
Beginner
Message 1082 of 1,144

Go to solution

Last software upgrade brought Wifi calling back before replacement SIM arrived, so don't know if new simm would have helped

John

0 Ratings
tintin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1083 of 1,144

Go to solution

Can I ask how you managed to get this working on an S7. I am trying and contacted BT but no luck!

0 Ratings
JaguarLover101
Beginner
Message 1084 of 1,144

Go to solution
Which CSC are you on, dial *#1234# and post what it says under CSC
0 Ratings
tintin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1085 of 1,144

Go to solution
Hi.

It says G930FTEF2ERH1
0 Ratings
JaguarLover101
Beginner
Message 1086 of 1,144

Go to solution
Your phone is O2 branded since it says TEF (ex contract presumably) unfortunately there's no way to access Wi-Fi calling without flashing either the genetic firmware (BTU) or the EE firmware (EVR)
0 Ratings
tintin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1087 of 1,144

Go to solution
Thanks very much for this information. I cam completely new to flashing firmware. Is this something that is relatively straightforward and worthwhile, or a high possibility of screwing up?
0 Ratings
JaguarLover101
Beginner
Message 1088 of 1,144

Go to solution
I did it on my phone initially, I changed from the generic to EE (and flashed it back), it's relatively painless, you put the phone into download mode, run 'Odin on your pc, click a button and it's off. There is a chance things can go wrong, the first time I tried the flash failed and I was greeted with a warning message on the phone saying it was corrupted, fortunately I was able to flash it again and it worked, another risk is although it shouldn't, it could 'trip' Knox and stop apps like Secure folder and Samsung pay from working, this didn't happen to me but some people have said it happened to them. If you are switching to BTU firmware, one large benefit will be that updates are more recent and frequent since they come from Samsung instead of via a carrier and of course you will have access to Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE. Any questions let me know
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 1089 of 1,144

Go to solution

Hi @tintin

Flashing a handset is something you should only do if you are confident in doing so, if you do go down this route ensure that you back up any data on your handset. Also BT do not gaurantee that the service will work even if you flash the device.

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 1090 of 1,144

Go to solution
I have just bought a Nokia 7 plus, and despite some teething troubles with BT, wi-fi calling is working just fine.

It is labelled as an android one phone, so has the latest android version.
0 Ratings