Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 121 of 1,144

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

If you are an ex manager for BT, you should know how it works. First make a complaint to customer services, then if unresolved to the chairman’s office. Where it will be forwarded to executive level complaints, normally within hours. And normally if they can’t help you they may offer you a deadlock letter and allow you to leave whilst in contract. 

I cant comment on if their employee missold or got confused with SmartTalk which is classed as a Wi-fi call,but either way if you are not happy with the service and I assume paying the full amount as you don’t have broadband I would be emailing them today and moving to another network. 

0 Ratings
jchhenderson
Contributor
Message 122 of 1,144

Go to solution

@Dean007 hi - could I have the link to be a cionsumer trialist?

thanks!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 123 of 1,144

Go to solution

@jchhenderson wrote:

@Dean007 hi - could I have the link to be a cionsumer trialist?

thanks!

0 Ratings
jchhenderson
Contributor
Message 124 of 1,144

Go to solution
thanks!
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 125 of 1,144

Go to solution

In regards to being a trialist, you need to fill in the profiles on the type of equipement you use in your home. When a trial comes up you maybe invited based on that information.

You will need to give feedback when requested, and agree to a NDA

0 Ratings
clementscastle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 126 of 1,144

Go to solution
In reply to Dean007 and you suggesting consumer trials. I would be very interested if I could be on these trials.
I ordered BT mobiles and due to no signal at home then cancelled within the 14 days (just, and they still charged me for the complete contract which I then had to chase to get refunded, thanks for that)

However, my work phone is BT mobile and because of this lack of signal at home where I have to work as well, my employer purchased a ‘booster’ which connects to my own personal broadband connection and my employer pays something silly like £2 per month for this to BT.

I still think that the lies on the coverage website stating I have perfect signal in my home should be addressed so with the possibility of being on a consumer trial might help.
Do you have any information on how I can apply?

0 Ratings
clementscastle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 127 of 1,144

Go to solution
And I’ve just seen the link you posted 🙂
I hate the way these threads show on my phone 🙂
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 128 of 1,144

Go to solution

Glad you found the link. Whilst joining the consumer trials you are not guaranteed to be invited to join each trial. But providing you fill in the profiles on the equipment you have you’ll have a good chance. 

In regards to the coverage maps, they are used as a guide it does say this under the map in small print. Doesn’t help now but all networks do the same. Best way to check coverage is get a friend round on a different network and see how their coverage looks. 

0 Ratings
clementscastle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 129 of 1,144

Go to solution
Thanks Dean, I have just registered. If nothing else because I have changed over from basic broadband to infinity in the last month and my B.B. speeds have been the same or slower. (I have finally managed to get a report in this week to get it investigated)
Fingers crossed being on a trial could get things sorted as well!

Thanks for the information.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 130 of 1,144

Go to solution

Well the speeds on FFTC shouldnt be the same, make sure you have done all the trouble shooting with internal wires. The consumer trials team dont resolve issues unless it has an impact on your trial so they wont be able to help resolve the speed issue. 

Just out of curiosity, what speed do you get now? Have you check your bRAS profile on the BT Speedtest website?

0 Ratings