Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaguarLover101
Beginner
Message 1101 of 1,144

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

Another thing with BTU is when you are asked to select the "APN" you need to select EE, this has no impact other than making Wi-Fi calling work though

tintin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1102 of 1,144

Go to solution
Thanks again. I shall report back with hopefully good news next week!
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 1103 of 1,144

Go to solution

As @JaguarLover101 has stated flashing the handset to BTU or EVR should work but here are the APN settings if you need to check them.

Just to point out that further updates to unofficial firmware/handsets may add or remove Wi-fi calling, and BT can not offer any support to non supported handsets. 

0 Ratings
tintin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1104 of 1,144

Go to solution

Hi Jaguar,

So I have successfully flashed to the leates BTU (painless). But there is no option for wifi calling. I was not asked about the APN, but checked and it is 'internet' everywhere, eesecure.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
JaguarLover101
Beginner
Message 1105 of 1,144

Go to solution
Ok, sounds like the APN is right, have you gone to:
Phone
3 dots at the top
Settings
Scroll down to the bottom
And is the toggle for Wi-Fi calling there?
tintin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1106 of 1,144

Go to solution

Hi, there is no option for WiFi calling in the call settings menu (below voicemail).

UPDATE - I just re flashed using the home csc and boom the option is there! I took the phone off wifi and after a few mins a volte symbol appears. Put the phone in flight mode, wi fi on, and made a call!!

The BT app says no wfi calling, but its working.

Jag - thank you so much for your help!

0 Ratings
JaguarLover101
Beginner
Message 1107 of 1,144

Go to solution
Maybe the first time it didn't change your csc, usually flashing home_csc doesn't change it but I'm not arguing!

The BT app will still say no Wi-Fi calling or 4G calling since your phone didn't come from them, but it will work.
tintin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1108 of 1,144

Go to solution

Slightly off topic but maybe you folks may be able to help.

I have been using Wifi calling since enabling on my S7, works great. But it keeps turning on my location when I connect to WiFi. This is highly annoying as even though i remove all the location permissions for various apps it would appear Google Location service still tracks me. If I turn off Google Location Service I get an annoying pop up asking for it to be enabled when I connect to Wifi. If I select decline the location flashes on and off, and the wifi calling works, but will ask again everytime it connects to wifi. If I accept, the popup goes away, but tracking is on!

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
bryancampbell
Beginner
Message 1109 of 1,144

Go to solution

No idea how to reply to the original thread question sorry.

I've got an iphone 7 on Three, and i don't get wifi calling on my new fibre hub, anyone know why?

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 1110 of 1,144

Go to solution

Probably because your mobile reception is too good. 

Wifi Calling only appears as active on iPhones when mobile coverage is poor.

0 Ratings