Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kabeer
Beginner
Message 1141 of 1,144

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

Hi,

I have spent far too much time on this now..I was wondering if anyone could help. I am using a Galaxy S10 and I flashed EE EVR latest version (checked CSC and it is correct). Wifi calling is enabled in the phone app but my phone keeps wanting to use 4g calling instead of wifi and when I use wifi with airplane mode I cannot make calls. This is very frustrating because in my house there is not a lot of signal and the call will cut out if I lose 4g even though it is connected to wifi and wifi calling is enabled. On random occasions it may actually use wifi calling but this is rare.

I tried using the EE apn in this thread but it does not allow me to use mobile data at all. When I set the defaults, they are set to BT One Phone.

My status bar looks like this photo most of the time, with full wifi and 4g calling:

Screenshot_20191224-210255_Settings.jpg

Cheers

Kabeer

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 1142 of 1,144

Go to solution

Hi @kabeer 

When on the homepage of the BT Mobile app, at the bottom under 'Phone connectivity' do you have 'Yes' for 4G and Wifi Calling?

I've seen a similar post recently where wifi calling hadn't been activated on a customers account, so it may be worth checking with BT's Mobile Team, also ask them to refresh your network settings. It's also worth trying your sim card in another handset if you can.

Have you tried turning 4G off rather than airplane mode before trying to use wifi calling? I seem to think that it likes prioritise 4G over wifi even with the weakest of 4G signal.

0 Ratings
kabeer
Beginner
Message 1143 of 1,144

Go to solution

@Andy005 

Cheers for getting back to me. Yes I have checked with BT and both 4G and WiFi calling is enabled. WiFi calling does actually work but on very rare occasions (once or twice a day). I just disabled 4G now and it gave me nothing (see screenshot below). Could it be anything to do with the fact I am using BT One Phone (business rather than personal)? I have attached the APN plus the result of only 3G data to the screenshot below.

Screenshot_20191225-085550_Settings.jpg

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 1144 of 1,144

Go to solution

It may be something to do with being a business phone @kabeer but I don't really know to be honest, I've reached the end of limited knowledge on the subject I'm afraid.

You may be better trying the BT Business Forum here , if it is something to do with a business account then you're more likely to find an answer there I think.