Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulhonnor888
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Wifi connection drop outs

Go to solution

Hi, I`ve been having wifi connection drop outs with my HH5. I have the Infinity 2 package. I came back from 3 months in Australia, 10 days ago to find my wifi constantly dropping out. I have a PC, an ipad and an android smartphone all connected to it. If one of my devices wasn`t connecting properly, you could say that particular device was faulty but all 3 drop out.

The line speed when its running is absolutely fine, 40-50mb but the connection just isn`t stable. I have phoned BT for the last 3 days complaining about the problem and obviously speak to a different person everytime. I go through the same old processes with them. We change the channel or we set up a new 5ghz setting. It doesn`t work!! 

I`m not a BT engineer, why should I have to sort out the problem of the wifi not working properly for them? If I take my car to the garage for a service, they don`t get me to change the oil for them! 

I`ve turned off the Smart setting thing last week as I`d seen a few people on here advise that but it made no difference. I have tried resetting it but nothing seems to work. Surely its the HH5 that`s faulty?

This really is starting to do my head in, especially trying to make video calls to Australia. 

No doubt I`ll be phoning BT again in the morning...

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wifi connection drop outs

Go to solution

if you have turned of smart setup did you also split the networks as described here  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

you can select the channel manually and if using 2.4ghz network then try channel 13

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paulhonnor888
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Yep tried that today with the non helpful Indian man...

I was on Channel 11 to start with and yesterday was told to try Channel 6. If I phone up everyday, I`ll eventually try every single one...

0 Ratings
Clarence
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

There's a big thread down below on this issue. BT think they fixed it several months ago but hey clearly didn't. It's a issue with the latest firmware release. I've had the same issue with 2 brand new HH5s, other users have had more. Now they're just ignoring it. A lot of people have given up on the HH5 and put in their own equipment. Calling the support line is an absolute joke. Is there an official support contact number?

I can't wait for the year to be up!

0 Ratings
Paulhonnor888
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Yeah I`m getting that feeling mate! Sadly I was out of the country when this update happened so am only just aware of it.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
@ Clarence

yes there is an official support contact number 08001114567
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I suggest you try channel 13 as most routers use channels 1 - 6 & 11
Paulhonnor888
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I have just set mine to Channel 13 as you recommended. Thank you. I`ll let you know if it makes any difference.

That phone number just takes you through to the numerous foreign people that have difficulty speaking English. This can be very frustrating.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

thought you had tried channel 13 after I suggested it earlier?  that is the only phone number for customer services.  you can always try again as you will always get someone different and possibly with better english

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paulhonnor888
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Channel 13 has made no difference whatsoever 😞

0 Ratings