Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cj63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Wifi connection problems

Hi.

I've recently been having wifi conenction issues. There's no problems with a wired connection and the Home Hub 3 says that the wireless devices have conenction speeds between 54 and 130mb (braodband speed ~5mb).  A laptop running Windows 8.1 diagnoses a modem problem and keeps asking me to switch off and reboot the modem and a Fire TV stick keeps dropping the wireless conenction, as does a mobile phone and an iPad.

I've changed channels on the hub, switched off all wireless devices but one and reconnected everything with the problem persisting.  On-line chat hasn't helped and I'm beginning to think that the modem has developed a fault.

Any further advice welcome.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wifi connection problems

Have a look through this rather long thread and see if you Homehub is performing the same. If it is post on that thread and hopefully you should get some assistance.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Discussions/HH3-Infinity-Local-WiFi-Channel-fade/td-p/14...

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

The channel fade post refers to hh3b not 3a so check your hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cj63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi (to both)

I've a HH3A and we don't have BT Infinity so having read some of the other thread (it would take the rest of the weekend to read 51 pages!), I'm not sure if mine is the same problem.  Sounds like it except that resetting the hub has no effect at all.  If it is, thanks for your help and I'll post on that thread and hopefully be able to get a moderator to help.

Chris.

0 Ratings