Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nawach
Message 1 of 8

Wifi micro cuts

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I've been confronted to Wifi (micro) cuts for a month or so, with the connection to my BT hub going on and off constantly (sometimes it can be every 2 hours, every half hour or every 2 minutes, depending on the day and time).

This is the first time that the situation has got this bad in the 3 years I've been using a Wifi connection.

This morning, I installed a Wifi channels scanner which confirmed what I thought: my private hub has become also a "BTopenzone" relay, an option which is now apparently "by default" for every BT Broadband customers, unless you opt-out.

I'm trying to determine if the fact of being a "relay" could cause my current problem with my private Wifi connection.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wifi micro cuts

Go to solution
it should cause no problems at all if your hub is going on and off it is more likely a faulty hub
0 Ratings
Nawach
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply.

The hub does not go on and off itself. However, the wifi connection is.

I have a couple of other PCs connected to it via USB and Ethernet, and the internet connection is faultless as far as they are concerned.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Which home hub do you have?

0 Ratings
Nawach
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

1.5, I believe...

0 Ratings
verkosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
A 1.5 is really old it may be best to try and get a new hub from BT I think they are around £49 as your a bt customer but if you ring the sales team you may be able to get a free one and cheaper broadband if you agree to a new contract
0 Ratings
Nawach
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Problem solved by changing the Wifi channel, via the BT Desktop Help app. It's been 2 weeks and everything's good.

Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
glad all is working ok now
0 Ratings