cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blosssom
Message 1 of 5

Wii, HomeHub3 and i player

Hi

We bought a Wii for Christmas and were running i-player through it very happily. It never cut out, froze or had insufficient bandwidth. Our router was a BT Voyager which we seem to have had forever... I'm estimating a genuine 6+ years.

A few weeks ago we exceeded our broadband usage for the first time and we 'upgraded' to a Homehub3. Since then we have hardly been able to watch any programmes on iplayer through the wii.. We usually have 'insufficient bandwidth' or it just freezes and does nothing but we have had numerous other error codes.  The long and short is that now we have 'upgraded' to a Hub3 we can now not use the iplayer at all... does anyone know how I can fix it?

All thoughts appreciated!

Blossom x

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wii, HomeHub3 and i player

@Blosssom wrote:

Hi

We bought a Wii for Christmas and were running i-player through it very happily. It never cut out, froze or had insufficient bandwidth. Our router was a BT Voyager which we seem to have had forever... I'm estimating a genuine 6+ years.

A few weeks ago we exceeded our broadband usage for the first time and we 'upgraded' to a Homehub3. Since then we have hardly been able to watch any programmes on iplayer through the wii.. We usually have 'insufficient bandwidth' or it just freezes and does nothing but we have had numerous other error codes.  The long and short is that now we have 'upgraded' to a Hub3 we can now not use the iplayer at all... does anyone know how I can fix it?

All thoughts appreciated!

Blossom x

Go back to using the Voyager, its vastly superior to any of the home hubs. The Voyager range of routers were really good, but they cost too much to produce, and could not easily be "locked down".

They work perfectly well on the ADSL2+ service.

The only other option would be to use a better quality router than the home hub 3.

0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 3 of 5

would it be poss to post some hub stats also?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Keith_Beddoe wrote:snipped

The only other option would be to use a better quality router than the home hub 3.

Or do what I did and buy a compatible Wii USB Lan network adapter.

From experience, the HH2a&b and the HH3a dropped the Wii all of the time over wireless

Keiths option does sound to be the best solution though;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I agree with Keith go back to the Voyager no need for any hubstats at this time
0 Ratings