cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Will ADSL recover by itself

If your router goes through connection problems and the speed is dropped because of so many disconnects and reconnects.... will 21CN ADSL go back to what the line can cope with (maximum speed) after a few days??

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will ADSL recover by itself

if you have solved the disconnection problem then it will recover on it's own but will take more that a few days to get back to normal speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Once your line becomes stable again yes it will return to normal in 3/5 days but no restarts of the hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Breezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

i hope and i think i may have done. fingers crossed with feet firmly touching the wood of my desk. i seem to be getting about 2mb from a possible of at least 12mb. the connection seems stable finally. i dont want to jinx it.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Icarus5000
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

My connection has been going stupid the past week or so. My Downstream was at 5,992kbps for ages, as I remember my Connection Time was stable for about 15 days.

Then last week the connection dropped a few times within the space of about 10 minutes then again a few more times about 7/8 hours later so my Downstream went down to 5,446kbps.

The connection seemed to be OK for about 4 days but I noticed tonight that my connection dropped again at about 12:30 today and my Downstream has npw gone down to 5,120kbps.

My Home Hub 2.0 is plugged into an extension but that extension is on about a foot away from the NTE5 and uses cat5e cabling. Don't ask me why the extension is only a foot away but it involves the builders telling Openreach New Sites to install the NTE where it is then realising later on they were supposed to build a cupboard there!

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 9:05:25
Downstream5,120 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings<script type="text/javascript">// createTable("normal", trClass, td3, td4); // </script>
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.2 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)51.0 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.8 dBm / 12.5 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)66
Loss of Signal (Local)7
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)73242 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)56 / 2147480000