Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 18

Re: Will I be charged for BT Sport?

@ shopps

you are not quite right. Anyone with a BT TV supscription and Infinty who renews thier contract will get all the sports channels including the new BT Sport Europe channel 'free'.

0 Ratings
shopps
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

@scointer wrote:

@ shopps

you are not quite right. Anyone with a BT TV supscription and Infinty who renews thier contract will get all the sports channels including the new BT Sport Europe channel 'free'.

I agree, anyone with BT TV and Infinity can get all the sports channels for free, BUT, in order to get a BT TV subscription I would need a BT TV box and this would cost £35 for activation (although what needs activating is anyone's guess!) also BT say it is free for 12 months, although after 12 months this is then £4 per month.

I have just phoned BT and had this confirmed by their cancellation team who admitted all of this in the last hour, therefore I have now cancelled my sports package with immediate effect. 

0 Ratings
shopps
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

BT could have handled this whole sports deal out a lot better,  

We have all been enjoying BT sports 1 & 2 & ESPN for free for about 2 years now and it is a very good service with excellent coverage.  What BT should have done is keep this the same for BT sports 1 & 2 & ESPN and introduce the extra charge of £5 per month for those who choose to watch the new BT European channel, instead, they are charging everyone either an extra £5 per month or by insisting they get the basic 'free' set top box for £35.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 18

But then the carrot to get people to take BT TV wouldn't have been so big (and lets face it this is about getting the BT TV numbers up).

I totally understand what you are saying about keeping the 3 channels free, this would have kept many more people happy, but it still only £5 a month - compare that price to what other's ask for thier sports channels and its still a good deal. Just a bit of a slap for people who have signed up expecting 3 free channels...

0 Ratings
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Hello all

I am a first time poster here.

I received the email about renewing BT TV to get BT Sport free still. I only got my contract in May and I called them about it they said because I am still in contract the man on the phone can assure me that I will still get all the BT Sport Channels free including BT Sport Europe and when the contract ends next year I will be charged £5 a month unless i renew.

I have just checked it on my bt account and it says i am getting the bt sport pack and dont need to do anything, so this should apply to other people in contract too.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 18

I called them to as I had the email   -   I was told you will only get it free if you still have at least 12 months of your contract to run as of 1 August 2015.

So going by that - if you had an 18 month contract starting in May your are OK - if it was a 12 month contract in May then you may have to pay another £5 for the full service.

All very confusing as you get different answers all the time

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR).
0 Ratings
dfel100
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 18

Can a mod help me, please? I got an email saying I would get free BT Sport if I recontracted for 18 months which I was happy to do and that I would get an email confirming this.  However I have not received a confirmation yet? 

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 18

@derek918 as you have BT TV Entertainment you will not have to pay any extra for BT Sport. It will be at no additional cost for as long as you have a BT TV package.

The £5 charge is only for people who don't presently pay for a TV package, mainly people who watch BT Sport online.
0 Ratings