cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bayclove
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Will I lose mobile discount if I end BB contract due to price increase?

So I received an email with price increases from BT and immediately decided I wanted to leave. I applied to Plusnet Fibre. A few hours later I received an email from BT that stated if I leave my sim card prices are going to increase. The email also said I would have to pay to end my contract early but i'm not worried about that as I know I wouldn't be. It also said I would be charged for equipment but I've never actually used the hub.. happy to send it back.

Is this true? Will BT increase the prices on the sim deals if I switch my broadband and phone? Honestly, the service is OK but I don't like how BT can spring price increases out the blue like that. I wasn't expecting it and already feel I pay too much Smiley Mad

I called BT back and now they said they'll basically half my internet if I stay. Don't know what to do.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Will I lose mobile discount if I end BB contract due to price increase?

BT offer a discount to the price of the mobile if you have BT Broadband. If you have moved from BT then you will be charged the non discounted price.

Stew

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Deleted

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

You get a £5 per month discount on the mobile phoen contract if you're a BT Broadband customer.  If you leave, you stop getting the discount.

If you don't want to be charged an early termination fee, make sure you tell BT that you are leaving early because of the price rise.  If you don't do that, they may dump the early termination and equipment fees on you.  Follow the procedure stated in the email.

0 Ratings