Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hero9989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Will I never get BT Infinty?

Go to solution

Hi, I've been looking forward to getting BT Infinity for quite some time now (after our connection speed having being a terrible 1.1mb, even though BT said we could get 2.5mb) and I've been watching the Infinity checker like a hawk to see when we can get it installed. I've been informed by a few other people though who are already able to get Infinity on the same exchange. The Map on the infinity website also says our exchange is now Infinity capable (Haslington exchange).

I found this on the BT website which is making me think I'll never get Infinity. This is extremely disheartening. The Infinity checker has been telling us we'll be getting 30.9mb download and 7.0Mb upload and now we'll be stuck on 1.1mb forever. Even the 3G on my mobile phone gets 2mb...

Is there any hope at all for me ever getting infinity?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Will I never get BT Infinty?

Go to solution

No idea really - there are reports stating that BT can be leaving out upto 60% of the Cabinets in the area and still class an exchange as enabled. No it's not fair but there isn't really too much anyone can do other than voice your complaint directly to BT Openreach then hope/pray that they'll one day soon enable your local cab.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Hi it is a matter of waiting there are currently many thousands of exchanges that haven't even been started on yet and many that have the issues listed in your link all you can do is patiently wait it will happen eventually and as the other poster said moan at openreach who will reply and say you need to contact your provider as they do not deal with the public only isp's so you will get no more information from them
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I know you have tried the BT Infinity website.

Have you tried the BT wholesale site http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you enter your telephone number and FTTC is due then it reports for your CABINET.

Rather than just info for your EXCHANGE.

example .- Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 1st July 2011. Our tests also show....

PC

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Personally speaking I also like SamKnows as it cover all the bases.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

Highlighted
Hero9989
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 30.9Mbps and upstream line speed of 7Mbps."

There is still hope! That website is also a LOT more accurate than the main BT website, BT tell us we should get 2.5mb/s, that website says we can get UPTO 2.5mb with 1mb being most likely. Great website.

But yeah, thanks for all your answers, I'll keep my fingers crossed until the 31st and if it still hasn't changed then, I'll contact BT/openreach directly. But at least I know there's still hope!

0 Ratings
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Glad we could help and that there might be light at the end of the tunnel for you 🙂

----

0 Ratings
Jamesasdrogers
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Still No Hope.

The March 31st Message I got (After the December 2010 one) has just been extended to July....

😞 

James.

0 Ratings
wildthing666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I checked my new address by postcode and last night it showed 31/3/11 tonight through my mobile it shws 30/6/11

0 Ratings