cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2infinityandbeyond
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Will Infinity 2 / 76MB / 80MB Service increase the distance you can be from the street cabinet?

I live about 2.5km from my new snazzy fibre fibre cabinet. Unfortunately this is about 1km to far to get the fibre service.

Does doubling the speed to 80MB increase the distance it will travel? i.e. now that it starts at twice the speed at the cabinet, can it go twice the distance?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Will Infinity 2 / 76MB / 80MB Service increase the distance you can be from the street cabinet?

Actually, the 80/20 product runs at higher frequencies and this lowers the distance it can travel without noise and loss :-{

Sigh ......

This is in part why some people are only seeing a small increase or even a drop in speed when moving from 40/10 to 80/20.

Rob

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Will Infinity 2 / 76MB / 80MB Service increase the distance you can be from the street cabinet?

The most thing that affects peoples download speeds is the copper wire from the cabinet to the household, this can be either because of more joints or longish wiring. The longer the wire, technically the less the download speeds.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings