cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Will copper cabling being robbed and replace affect my bb speed?

Why is my connection so unstable compared to my friends connection on BT.

I play this game and when im playing this game and Im on teamspeak 3. Teamspeak 3 ping goes too like 50+ and the jitter goes to like 50+ but then my friend who is on BT has his ping staying at like 22 with about 0.5 jitter.

Do you think BT put in a cheap like to 'save them money' ?

cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 23

@millernick wrote:

Why is my connection so unstable compared to my friends connection on BT.

I play this game and when im playing this game and Im on teamspeak 3. Teamspeak 3 ping goes too like 50+ and the jitter goes to like 50+ but then my friend who is on BT has his ping staying at like 22 with about 0.5 jitter.

Do you think BT put in a cheap like to 'save them money' ?

cheers

Hi, there can be many reasons why your friends connection and yours are so different, noise on one line and not the other,one of you might have faulty filters, are you both using the same method of connection, bad joints on one line and the list could go on and on.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Is it worth me asking for the latest homehub to see if that will help in way way shape or form ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 23

You can ask but I dont think you will get it.

The only way you are likely to get it free is if you renew your contract, if you do , make sure that you ask for it as part of the contract. But as a gamer should you be using wireless connection for your gaming.

Wouldn't your gaming be far better over an ethernet connection.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Yeh Im' not using wireless.

I just didn't know if the new hub will be slightly better and or the gigabyte port aswell.

Maybe the firmware on the new hub improves the line slightly but im not sure.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 23

hi, sorry not into gaming so can't really help you with info, but the Gigabit port does help me with streaming video to the TV.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 23

Hi Nick,

Firstly I see your your connection has not been up long 3hrs +, they are best left alone, no manual resets etc, reconnection can be seen as a problematic line and exchange software will begin increasing noise margins etc, Ican see your noise margin is 8dB it is more normal to be around 6dB. 

Fastpath is very much preferred for gamers, , however your ping is 68, although not so high, I would want it lower!.   Having a low ping is always desirable because lower latency provides smoother online gameplay  by allowing faster updates of game data.  The down side by having Fastpath instead of Interleave is that your line can become unstable.  The mods can have this done for you, -http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951  

With regards to the Hub3, it might or might not improve your line. However I'm always suspicious of equipment that be obtained for free with a contract, there is normally a reason.  I can only recommend the 2700hvg, this will hang on to your line and in my case gives me a more accurate and lower attenuation figure and wont cost you more than £20 on Auction sites, although if you do consider make sure its new unopened one.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

The mode/router you suggested.

2700hvg

is that a hub from BT Business because my dad has the business connection and im sure he used to have one of those.

Ive tried to use a newer BT Business HUB but couldnt get it working on my line

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

the 2700hgv is the business hub which has not long been replaced with a V2  but both should work.  you will need to change the login and password on the business hub to   bthomehub@btbroadband.com and no password required   if router insists on a password than anything will do even  BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

third time in about 4 months the copper got stolen the other day AGAIN.

WHEN ARE BT GOING TO SORT THIS OUT WOW.

no phone no internet and need to run a business good going BT

0 Ratings