cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forester
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Will the Homehub V3 n router work with my old macbook ?

Reading 'Which' today set me thinking. Our router is the old white Homehub v1.5. which is connected to my wife's new Mac via an ethernet cable. I use my old white macbook OS X 10.4.11 via a solwise system as the wifi is poor in our old thick walled stone cottage. I believe that my macbook has the 802.11g adapter (whatever this means) so will the new v3 n router work with my macbook or not  ? Is it worth changing ?

Thanks

Brian

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Will the Homehub V3 n router work with my old macbook ?

the HH1.5 should work with your 'g' wireless card

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
forester
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Sorry, perhaps i didn't explain that very well.

My old macbook does work with the HHv1.5 in wifi mode but the signal is poor due to the thick stone walls, hub is in another room. I use the solwise system and this is better, a more consistent signal.  

Is it possible to use the V3 hub to get a wifi signal on the macbook ?

Thanks

Brian

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@forester wrote:

Sorry, perhaps i didn't explain that very well.

My old macbook does work with the HHv1.5 in wifi mode but the signal is poor due to the thick stone walls, hub is in another room. I use the solwise system and this is better, a more consistent signal.  

Is it possible to use the V3 hub to get a wifi signal on the macbook ?

Thanks

Brian

Its very unlikely the HH3 would be any better.

See at the bottom of this page Network connections for a much better solution that I have just been helping another

MAC user with.

See this thread http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Wireless-Connection/m-p/410453#M120207

0 Ratings