cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 5

Windows 10 adding a space

I have just downloaded and installed Windows 10.  When copying & pasting usernames and passwords into websites it adds a space at the end of both which causes some log-ins to fail.

Has anyone got a solution to this problem please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows 10 adding a space

Have you tried Microsoft w10 forum?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Are you sure that you are not accidentally adding the space when you copy the username/password. 

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Mnay thanks for the replies guys.

@imjolly  Not yet, but will do later today.

@gg30340 That was the first thing I double checked.  In any case had the spreadsheet had spaces then I doubt they would have worked in Windows 8.1. Strange that some websites, surprisingly the first one I tried being my main bank, works Ok with the spaces included.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@pompey1898 wrote:

Mnay thanks for the replies guys.

@imjolly  Not yet, but will do later today.

@gg30340 That was the first thing I double checked.  In any case had the spreadsheet had spaces then I doubt they would have worked in Windows 8.1. Strange that some websites, surprisingly the first one I tried being my main bank, works Ok with the spaces included.

Just a thought....

You mentioned a spreadsheet from which you are copying and pasting.

If it's excel, then something to watch for is if it's changed all settings to USA format. That may not be all of your problem, but strange things happened on my Excel after upgrade to Windows 10....Worth checking, anyway.

0 Ratings