cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: Windows 7 Compatibility Issue???

If you are using a wireless "g" device (which is quite likely), then you are not ever going to get much more over 20 megs.

I get around 18 or 19 most of the time with my HH3, but connected with an ethernet cable, 37.5megs  solid.

My wifi machine drops to around 16megs when it's busy. But hey, that's till just fine.

Rob

0 Ratings
Banjobex
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

Hi Rob, I have a 802.11bg/n Wireless LAN so what does that tell you???

0 Ratings
Banjobex
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

802.11bg/n Wireless LAN - is that G or N - Ihave no idea?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
West
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

I would check your network conenctions in the control panel and take a look to check you do not have IPv6 and 4 ticked.

This caused me a lot of grief when first using Win 7 and since ticking V4 only have never dropped

Hope this is of use

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Press CTRL Shift and Esc. This will bring up your task manager. Click on the networking tab and see what speed your wireless is connected at. If it's 54mpbs or less and you're in the same room as the hub, I'd put my house on you having wireless N.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
deltaflyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 16

@Banjobex wrote:

Hi Rob, I have a 802.11bg/n Wireless LAN so what does that tell you???

b/g/n means your device is capable of 'b' or 'g' or 'n' speeds. 'b' and 'g'  will give the slowest throughput, anything up to 54mbs. 'n' will give the faster, anything up to 300mbs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
0 Ratings