cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cityangel
Contributor
Message 21 of 138

Re: Windows Mail - Server Terminating Connection when downloading mail with attachments

I'm having the same problems with outlook express, it takes ages to authorise incoming emails for my bt email addy but its only been like that for the last few days.

0 Ratings
winawombat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 138

Re: Windows Mail - Server Terminating Connection when downloading mail with attachments

I think it is a general problem. I have been having this for the last few days, not just on the laptop, but on the Desk top as well.

I have just come back from an extended holiday abroad and am anxious to catch up with all my contacts. Each time I do receive emails, it is just the last two that came in repeated over and over again! What more can I do? Trying the email troubleshooting is also useless as it asks for a PC name and whatever I put in it says the name already exists! How do I find what my PC is named?

0 Ratings
tim193
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 138

A while now since I opened this thread. The good news (for me) is that I just did a test email with a 1.5mb photo, which would have failed a few days ago, came through successfully. Maybe it's fixed.........

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dex777
Message 24 of 138

I am having the same problem. Spent hours yesterday and today trying to fix this, including changing profiles and machines. I even tried going to another house and setting up an account from a different machine  / hub. None of this worked.

The larger emails appear to be downloading and take a long time to do so but at the very end they all fail. I do receive some email, but anything with an attachment over about 1 Meg does not arrive and posts the error message 0x800CCC0F.

My conclusion is that this suggests a provider problem. It is worrying that some people appear to have been experiencing this for nearly three weeks and still no fix.

0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 138

Having made a complaint to BT about the length of time being taken to fix this fault.  I received a telephone call today (29th April) from their support people who have told me that they will update me on Wednesday with progress.  They seemed to accept this issue is affecting a lot of people and seemed hopeful of a fix, or at least news of a fix by then.  We will see !!!

0 Ratings
alones
Contributor
Message 26 of 138

They have been calling me for over a week now - every few days to update. The only problem is they apparently are still nowhere near fxining it 😞

0 Ratings
lorri66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 138

Does anyone get emails through to their smart phone with a date of 1.1.70? They only come to my smartphone not the outlook program(when I can get them!!!) and they don't seem to be on BT webmail page could these cause time out problems?
0 Ratings
beckysoot
Message 28 of 138

I just registered for this forum - and hilariously I wasn't immediately able to be verified because the verification email was blocked by a large attachment in BT Yahoo mail!

Actually, it's not hilarious at all. I've had this problem for MONTHS;  created a Yahoo folder for dumping big fles in January.  The line BT takes is that it's a Windows problem and that I need "a patch to increase capacity".

Haven't quite worked out how to do that yet - and I'm no slacker. Have tried tweaking every aspect of all accounts etc.,etc.

Bob, I got excited when you said you could forward the emails - but how can that work? it still goes to the Yahoo inbox initially and gets blocked anyway. Am I missing something here?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 29 of 138

I have been logged in for a few minutes with some posts on another topic.

I use outlook on my pc and laptop but also have an ipod and BT mobile phone.

For a few days until yesterday, 30-04-2012, the email was very slow in connecting to the BT server. It's a pop3 account.

Connection could take up to a minute on all devices.

After yesterday morning the connection time is back to normal, i.e. it is almost instant.

BT may have made some changes.

Don't know if this helps. It's just an observation.

0 Ratings
lorri66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 138

Having followed the mods advice to stop pop login problem by changing password ( got all emails from server downloaded again!) I am now presented with this time error code, it's trying to download a 12.9mb but there is no new email on the BT webmail and all emails have been downloaded so what is now going on!!!! Can't believe I may have solved one problem only to get a new one.
0 Ratings