cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phoeniqs
Message 121 of 138

[SOLVED]... at least in my case

I was having this same issue but with AT&T in the US, who also uses Yahoo's email system.

Here's what worked for me. I can't account for why exactly it worked, but it *immediately* eliminated the error message I had been receiving up to that point.

I simply logged in to my AT&T webmail and upgraded to the "new mail" service from the "classic" version. And that was it!

The next time I opened my mail client (Windows Live Mail), it was like a log jam had cleared up. Messages started pouring in, including ones I had already received. I temporarily cancelled the download and went back to the webmail to delete all the old messages that had amassed there (14k+!). Since then, I've had no problems sending or receiving emails through my email client.

Hope that helps at least one other person out there!

0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 122 of 138

Fingers Crossed !!!!

Had a call from BT yesterday wanting to take some more Wireshark logs to compare what Yahoo Mail was doing differentlly to GMail (Which works perfectly using POP3 & SSL).  However after several attempts we were unable to get even a 15Mb attachment to fail.   I do not currently have SSL selected on my Yahoo mail either! 

Strangely enough the day before I had an email arrive in my inbox that was old!!!.    It would seem that the problem has gone away.  I am assuming that BT or Yahoo have implemented some sort of fix.  I have asked what they have done and am waiting for a follow up call.   If I find out I will let you all know.   That said I have everything crossed that this situation will last.

If it is fixed 1 am going to miss my weekly chat with the Support Desk whom I have found nothing other than willing to try and sort this out.  Not sure that the same applies to Yahoo though.  It would appear that I am going to miss out on a birthday card (The fault would have been 12 months old in March).   

Watch this space....................

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 123 of 138

Re: Fingers Crossed !!!!

Got me all excited thinking the problem was fixed, no change here I'm afraid. Just tried a 4M test mail, failed.
0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 124 of 138

Hi Liquorice - I imagine whatever they did to my mail account they need to do to yours.  I have emailed BT asking for an explanation of the fix.   Will post result when known.

0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 125 of 138

Further to the above. The help desk were unable to tell me what the fix was other than it could have been my broadband speed or the server team had made some changes. I have therefore emailed the product director who escalated this for me originally for info. Will post result when known
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 126 of 138

Thanks Bobreed, will eagerly await info!
0 Ratings
Julia_Sally
Aspiring Contributor
Message 127 of 138

Can't wait to hear what the magic fix is, I've got so many clients with this problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 128 of 138

The only real fix will be when BT ditch Yahoo
0 Ratings
Highlighted
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 129 of 138

What a rollercoaster ride I am getting with BT.   Elation one minute and despair the next.   Two days without problems despite my very best efforts to break it!!!   Loads of emails with large attachments (up to 16Mb) sent and received without problem.  Told BT (and all of you) I was fixed.   Today even emails with no attachment are occasionally failing.   Have escalated back to BT again (Grrrrr).   What I really am having difficulty understanding is the inconsistency of it all.  Throughout all of this my Gmal working perfectly.

SO I am truly sorry for raising false hopes - really thought they had cracked it !!!  

0 Ratings
Julia_Sally
Aspiring Contributor
Message 130 of 138

Don't worry about giving us the false hopes, quite understand your frustration.  As has been said before probably the only solution is for BT to ditch Yahoo!  Good luck

0 Ratings