cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 111 of 138

Re: Windows Mail - Server Terminating Connection when positive mail with attachments

Another phone call today assuring me that Yahoo have upgraded their servers and that the problem is now fixed. WRONG, still not fixed.
0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 138

Re: Windows Mail - Server Terminating Connection when positive mail with attachments

I too had a phone call yesterday evening (4/12) and told problem thought to be fixed - Have just tested and it isn't. Thanks for your post liquorice - at least when I speak to them today I'll know it isn't just me who isn't fixed ! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 113 of 138

It gets better. Today Yahoo are saying that the problem is due to my line speed being too slow!!! Funny how it used to work ok until about 9 months ago and before broadband, on dial-up. Hotmail and Gmail don't seem to have the same problem with POP3 either. Assume you are still having problems also bobreed.
0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 114 of 138

Yes, still having problems although to be fair there has been a slight improvement.  I have escalated this to BTs Board and they do seem to be making efforts to solve this problem. I am now getting updates directly from the Director Of Online's Team. I am told that our mail accounts have been migrated to other servers and this has improved or even fixed the issue for many.  However some of us are still suffering.  As you say BT seem to think that bandwidth may be a contributory factor.  I am awaiting the next update.  Like you,  even with my slow broadband I never used to have this problem until March this year which seems to have coincided with the all new Yahoo mail.  Will keep you posted as to progress or otherwise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 115 of 138

Thanks for the confirmation that you too are still having problems. I escalated this problem to the CEO's office on the 3rd May, however, BT appear to have no clout whatsoever with Yahoo in getting a resolution!!
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 116 of 138

Hi guys,

If you are still affected by this problem please send in your details (if you haven't already) and we will get this investigated.

Our "Contact us" link is available on my profile page.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 117 of 138

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the offer. No disrespect intended, but if direct complaints to Ian Livingstone have no effect I'm not sure that you will have any luck persuading Yahoo the error of their ways.

Licquorice
0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 138

Hello Stephanie,

Likewise, thanks for the offer but the (my)  issue now sits with Alison Slee on behalf of Nick Wong's team at BT.  

0 Ratings
Julia_Sally
Aspiring Contributor
Message 119 of 138

This problem still continues, I have another client reporting the error again, as soon as she gets an email with an attachment over 3MB the server terminates the connection, when are BT going to admit they have a problem

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 120 of 138

Oh they admit they have a problem (its called Yahoo), but solving it is another matter entirely. Had yet another phone call on Sunday saying they expect to fix it next week, watch out for low flying pigs.
0 Ratings