cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 131 of 138

An Uncelebratory Anniversary

Well it's now a year that this fault has been rumbling on for me although the case has been closed twice in that time as BT thought they had fixed it.  BT have taken more wireshark logs but still no fix.  If anything t seems to have got worse as I am having problems sending emails with attachments now.   Now I read in the news  (see http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/08/yahoo_webmail_hijack_flare_on/print.html ) that loads of users have had their webmail compromised allegedly due to cross site scripting whatever that might be.   Come on BT ditch Yahoo this has gone on long enough.

0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 132 of 138

Re: An Uncelebratory Anniversary

Well it's now 15 months....  I had a call a few weeks ago offering me a workround.  ie to use IMAP which I was already doing.  My fault has been closed "probably because a workround exists".  I have received an email from BTs Product Manager with whom I have been corresponding for some time which says that faults affecting larger number of customers are higher priority and as this only affects a very small number (?) of customers, although being investigated is lower down the list.  So that's it!  We'll just have to wait.  I have taken this as far as I can so unless large numbers of people report this fault I don't ever see a fix.   I really have persevered with this but as a single BT customer I feel so helpless. 

0 Ratings
paulcross
Message 133 of 138

I concur. I've had this problem for more than a year.

BT's 'solution' was to requote new account instructions. It worked once, never again. Every time I select 'mail' on startup, I get the 'timeout' error panel. BT's Desktop then comes into action, tests my software with a test message, says 'all ok-it's some other problem-not us' & it goes on for ever.

I am paying for a broadband service which is supposed to work. BT's failure in this area is a scandal of national proportions. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 134 of 138

At last I can download mail with large attachments now that BT have switched to the Critical Path servers. Are others finding the same?

0 Ratings
bobreed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 135 of 138

Still seeing the problem although possibly not as much.  Last contact with BT was with Alison Slee on 31st May who said my case had been closed as a work round (IMAP !!) had been offered, although the problem was still being worked on by Yahoo.  I am now waiting to see if the mail changes they are making will make any difference.  Is Yahoo being ditched at last perhaps?  My fault is now 20 months old!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 136 of 138

My celebrations were a little premature! BT have gone back to using the Yahoo servers at the moment. At least it gives hope that when BT change to CP permanently, the problem should go away.

0 Ratings
Sirbu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 137 of 138

Re: An Uncelebratory Anniversary - MS Outlook error 0x800CCC0F

So 3 years later and the problem still persists for me.  Can download emails with 3MB and 9MB attachments via GMail no problem but the same emails fail to complete download with error 0x800CCC0F via BT Yahoo.  Tried all the usual tricks - disable virus protection and email scanning, disable firewall. delete temporary files, scan and fix .pst file - no joy at all.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that the problem lies with the termination signal sent from the PC to the server but have no idea how that might be fixed.  Any non-trivial solutions to this problem (excluding the obvious of switching to another email client, operating system etc) would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 138 of 138

Re: An Uncelebratory Anniversary - MS Outlook error 0x800CCC0F

The only solution I ever found was to collect mails with large attachments via webmail.

0 Ratings