cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 30

Re: Wireless 'N' USB adaptor only connecting at 54 Mbps - WHY??

Go to solution

Well that's it, I've given up on the HH3 - I've now purchased a Netgear WNDR3700 Router

I just hope it works (should be delivered next Tuesday) as it cost me £100!

Here's hoping - I'll report back when I get it

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

@ady199 wrote:

Well that's it, I've given up on the HH3 - I've now purchased a Netgear WNDR3700 Router

I just hope it works (should be delivered next Tuesday) as it cost me £100!

Here's hoping - I'll report back when I get it

Look forward to that. Smiley Happy

I'm hoping to get a second HH3 and will try that to see if it cures our identical problem.... Not holding out much hope though.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution
I've had 2 HH3's now - exactly the same fault
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

@ady199 wrote:
I've had 2 HH3's now - exactly the same fault

Ohhh well wasn't holding out much hope really.

Must admit I am quite happy still clicking my Edimax wireless on off a few times until it synchs/locks on to the higher speed.

There has been no deterioration or improvement.... but at least it eventually works for me.

But very interested how you get on.... If looking on the downside and it doesn't solve the problem wonder if you'll return the new router or just continue using it?

Well I expect you'll decide on that when you see it's performance.... might have a better wireless range etc.

Anyhow thanks for keeping us informed and fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

My Netgear WNDR3700 got delivered today................

WOW! - what a router!!!!

My laptop now connects at 150Mbps and stays like it, Xbox 360 and Apple TV 2 all work flawlessly on the Wireless Network.

What can I say - anyone having issues with the Home Hub 3, get this router, you will not be disappointed!!!

Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

@ady199 wrote:

My Netgear WNDR3700 got delivered today................

WOW! - what a router!!!!

My laptop now connects at 150Mbps and stays like it, Xbox 360 and Apple TV 2 all work flawlessly on the Wireless Network.

What can I say - anyone having issues with the Home Hub 3, get this router, you will not be disappointed!!!

Smiley Happy

Ady thanks for letting us know.  Smiley Happy

It's nice that if I get fed up clicking my wireless switch I'll get that router.

Also regarding your Apple TV working now I am going to link your solution to another thread in case it can help them get their Apple TV to work properly.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

Well, 8 hours on and the router is still going strong. My laptop is still connected at 150Mbps and I've had not one drop out, just goes to show how **bleep** the HH3 is.

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

@PC wrote:
I'm hoping to get a second HH3 and will try that to see if it cures our identical problem.... Not holding out much hope though.

The problem of connecting at only 54Mbps (wireless g speed) yet had a wireless n adapted laptop, was solved by another HH3.

HH3 with the problem = Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

HH3 without the problem = Software version V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B | Time & date 09:43 29/11/2011

Good HH3.-

Pip's HH3.jpg

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
craig5320
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

Do you know if this software version that works correctly is older or newer and how/if I can update/rollback?

My HH3 is doing this but can be solved by deleting devices from the home network and restarting and I get full speed, until my PS3 (G) connects and anything connected before it will remain at full N speed, until you reconnect or a new device connects it's then limited to G speed.

Probably gonna buy a new router but shouldn't have to!

The difference for me is G speed 2.42MB/s and at N speed: 4.44MB/s so it's a big difference. I didn't realise it was evening doing it until I had my OpenReach modem replaced and my PC connected full speed - first time I'd connected PC before PS3 as the PC was new then next day after PS3 had been on bam back to old speed which is when I started investigating. 

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

@craig5320 wrote:

Do you know if this software version that works correctly is older or newer and how/if I can update/rollback?......

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32227/~/how-do-i-update-the-firmware-on-my-home-hub-3...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13073

The latest versions of the firmware are:

BT Home Hub 3 – Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (TypeA) or V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B

My speed  over wireless = 36360 kbps (4.55MB/s)

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings