Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donsky
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Wireless Password.

Go to solution

Perhaps somebody with a better understanding (than me) can explain what's happened since I've changed my wireless password on my infinty HH5. Changed it about 15 days ago (only 2 characters) as someone that I didn't want to use my wireless had obtained the password. All was OK after the password change until around a week ago when my tablet (Samsung Tab3) had problems connecting to wifi, authentication errors and would then come up "unchanged", if I kept trying I could get connected (even with the old password sometimes) but it would usually drop out after a minute or two.

A few days later my phone (Samsung S3 Mini) started to do the same thing, suspecting that it was Google Backup that was causing the problem, I disabled it but over the next few days the problem continued so did a master reset on both units, problem solved but I've had to put in the old pasword to connect, the wifes laptop and phone are on the new password (and have been since I changed it) without a problem.

Any ideas?   

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Wireless Password.

Go to solution

I would enter. Hub manager and go to wireless and check what the current password is. There is only one so I can't understand how you can possibly connect with 2 different wireless passwords at same time

i would change the password again and then login all your wireless devices

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Just checked the hub manager and it's showing the new password but as said, to get my tablet and phone to connect I have to put in the old password, new one doesn't work on them.

Regards.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Something seriously wrong then. I would do a factory reset of the hub using the recessed button on back and hold until lights flash. Then go into hub manager which should be reset to wireless password on hub/card then change it to something different altogether. Then connect your devices

you need the security to be either use correct password or the device does not connect - anything else is pointless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

I'll give that a try when the wife gets off her laptop.........Could be a while. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

You should try deleting/forgetting the connection to your Homehub on your phone/tablet. After deleting them you must restart the phone and tablet to clear any cached passwords, then re-scan for the Homehub wireless connection and connect with the new password that you have input into the Homehub.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Surely it should make no difference deleting the cache as the device should not connect if you change the hub wireless password. The connection should fail

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Correct but it obviously is not.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

But then that is a hub problem nothing to do with the actual device 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

If it is the Homehub why is it not happening to all the devices that are connecting to it?

0 Ratings