Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Wireless Password.

Go to solution

It is. Hub problem if it is letting devices connect with An old password. Only one password should be able to conenct and anything else is a hub problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

I guess we'll need to wait and see how the OP gets on with it.

0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

OK, have reset the hub but it's still the same (Samsung devices on old password, everything else on new password), I've gone through the "forget connection" on the Samsung devices several times to no avail. I don't understand what's going on but as everything is now working OK I'm tempted to leave it as it is, now to load everything back onto the Samsung units that has been erased by the "master resets".

Regards. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Just to clarify. It is your Homehub SSid (name) that you are connecting to and not BTWifi. It should be something like BTHomehub5-xxxx.

Have you split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies on the Homehub?

If you have,did you check that the "New" password has changed on both the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz. It may be that your phone and tablet are connecting on the 5Ghz which may be still using the "old" password

Donsky
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Well done gg30340 you've hit the nail on the head, it's because the frequencies are split (don't know why because I've not done it), the Samsung units are using 5Ghz and everything else is using 2.4Ghz. Now the next obvious questions are: 1. how do I put both frequencies on the same password. 2. what's the benefit of having 2 frequencies.

Regards.

0 Ratings
Donsky
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

OK, have sorted question 1 out myself, didn't realise you can switch between 2.4 and 5Ghz in the advanced setting in hub manager, still not sure why the 2 frequencies though.

Regards.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

5ghz gives faster transfer rate and less congested as fewer devices can use 5ghz but distance covered from router is lesss than 2.4ghz

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
Glad to hear it is sorted.