Did you mean: 
Highlighted
happy_soil
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Wireless Phone Extender Question

Go to solution

Hi,

We've just got Infinity installed (nice guy; simple 1-hour job; getting 37Mbps down/8Mbps up sync speed). 

Now, I've got a bit of a problem hooking up my Wireless Phone Extender*. I'm not sure how I should connect it to the new connection. I asked the engineer about it and he just told me that he "wasn't sure how it works/it's no advisable to do this with a BT connection" and that it's not really his job, which was fair enough.

The reason for the Wireless Phone Extender is for our Sky+ HD box downstairs (all new stuff, Master Socket, OR modem, etc., are all set up upstairs). My old set up was fairly simple, and I was able to connect it without any problem. Now, since the Master Socket has been replaced, I quite don't know how/where to connect it to. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wireless Phone Extender Question

Go to solution

@happy_soil wrote:

Hi,

The reason for the Wireless Phone Extender is for our Sky+ HD box downstairs (all new stuff, Master Socket, OR modem, etc., are all set up upstairs). My old set up was fairly simple, and I was able to connect it without any problem. Now, since the Master Socket has been replaced, I quite don't know how/where to connect it to. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This is strictly not an Infinity problem, as you would have the same issue if you had an ADSL faceplate fitted.

You will have to link it in to the "phone" outlet of the new master socket using a phone doubling adapter.

0 Ratings
happy_soil
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wireless Phone Extender Question

Go to solution

Thanks Keith. It works a treat 🙂

0 Ratings