Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 43

Re: Wireless Printers No Longer Connect after BT Infinity Home Hub Installed

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your questions....

1.  I can see the printers attached to HH under home network with static IP address yet pinging them from any computer also attached to the home network does not happen (sorry cannot remember precisely what the screen says as it is at a friends home).

2.  Network pages are all correct with the IP address etc

3.  Have tried both automatic and different channels but the same thing happens

4.  Yes the HH does show the printers as attached it appears that the hub in some way is stopping the computer "talking" to the printers.

I also had to be very carefull as it appears that next door (pair of semis) has recently had infinity fitted.

Thanks again for all the input.

Diver9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 43

Go to solution

Hello,

Great. So if ping is failing, then the wireless or network must be at fault and not the printer software. As you are using fixed IP addresses, that rules out DHCP issues/Wireless encryption problems. My money would be on the wireless network itself.

It's certainly worth trying to set the Hub to b/g mode only (and not wireless N). Chances are that the printers are only 802.11g anyway.

http://192.168.1.254

A-Z in top right, Click W (as you really can't be bothered scrolling that far)

Wireless connections, Enable or Disable

Set Wireless interface type to 802.11b/g, click Apply.

This has been reported as helping certain people in the forums fix their wireless problems.

Failing that, if I was your friend, (and I didn't really need to print a lot over this weekend), I would be tempted to just power up one printer at a time and see if it remains stable. Find if 1 of the 3 printers is causing the network to lock up after a certain length of time - it's wireless card may be faulty.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 43

Go to solution

Thanks,

Just to confirm I have set the router to b/g.

I can confirm that to start with only one printer was connected, then the other and the fault applies if only one is on as well.....will try your suggestion but it seem strange to have had a similar problem with another set up in another house miles away only just put onto infinity.

Diver9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 43

Go to solution

Oh Well,

Had a phonecall from my friend to say that he cannot connect to any of the wireless printers on any computer!!

Will go up tomorrow and print the network page from the printers and report back.

Thinking about it, I remember there being something about "a port mismatch" on one of them??  Sorry it was a week ago and I cannot remember the precise terminology used......any ideas???

Thanks

Diver9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 43

Go to solution

Just to let you know that I think I have solved the issue:

1.  Managed to connect the laptops via "printer software" so then knew it was the desktop that was the issue

2.  Altered the channel and Nn/b/g settings

3.  Moved the absolutely tiny wirelss dongle out from under the mouse dongle!!!!!

Hey Presto the "Printer Software" managed to connect!

Basically, due to the dongle I was unable to use the printer software so used the TCP/IP printer settings but for some reason it did not stick at "static IP address" ....this meant that as the computer/printer were turned on, they kept changing IP address and the port was unable to pick up the correct printer.....Me a donut!

Thanks for all the help

Diver9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 43

Go to solution

what?

i am not a techie so i don't understand the fix.

I have a HP Laserjet p1102w, i can see it on the hub, the ip address is static but none of the laptops on the home hub 3 can wirelesly print to it.

what am i missing?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 43

Go to solution

have you set up the printer sharing in the network and sharing centre?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 43

Go to solution

yes

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 43

Go to solution

did you run the software on the laptops or did you just set up the printer on it's own

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 43

Go to solution
hi, have had the same prob with wireless printer after bt infinity fitted, solved mine today by completely uninstalling printer and re installing went in first do not know if this will work with all printers mine is a Kodak, but worth a try
0 Ratings