cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 21 of 43

Re: Wireless Printers No Longer Connect after BT Infinity Home Hub Installed

Go to solution

THIS TOPIC REALLY HELPED ME TO NARROW MY OPTIONS DOWN, SO WHILE I REALISE ITS AN OLD TOPIC I'M JUST PUTTING THIS ON HERE IN CASE ANOTHER TECH-DUM PERSON LIKE ME NEEDS A HELPING HAND IN THEIR SEARCH FOR A FIX!! :-

Hi, I had the same exact thing. Upgraded to BT Infinity and suddenly my wireless printer (KODAK ESP5210) wouldnt connect to my PC or Laptop, even though it was connected (& steady blue light on) to the new BT hub. Neither my computer nor Kodak's install programme could find the printer!! I'm not tech savvy at all so went to Kodak directly and had a live chat with their adviser. He told me how to do the ping test this forum has been discussing and it did come up with "host unreachable". The adviser said I just didnt have a very good connection between my printer and the hub. All I had to do was turn the hub off, then on again. This time I got a reply from the host on the ping test and after re-installing the printer software from scratch - hey presto - i'm up and running again! PHEW!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 43

Go to solution

I had problem after infinty was installed, so i have re-connected my old homehub2 (but not to the 'phone line) which I have a usb connection to the printer, if I want to print from my laptop wireless I simply select 'connect to' my old home hub 2  as it it still an option from the 'wireless networks'  available..I am simply using the old homehub as a print server

Geo

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 43

Go to solution

Recently had BT infinity installed and have wireless printer problems. I have done the switching off and on the router bitt and  and reinstalled the printer software, but my laptops are steadfastly refusing to recognise my printers through wireless - I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8500a and 8600a.  Help?!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 43

Go to solution

i had a similar problem very recently, it may be connected, i have an hp 5510

an update from windows was the cause, i know not how or why, there was an advisory on a windows site

he suspected them,  techy friend suggested it

he told me to remove the program from hp and the drivers

then reload just the driver, then do a direct update from hp downloads for the prnter

i did this and bingo it worked

worth a try even roll back may do, i am not up on this but do the quick and easy things

first

even re-loading (after uninstal) then re-laod prog with ethernet connection  first

be lucky

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 43

Go to solution

Interesting. I have the same problem, with a Canon MG5250. But I don't use a HomeHub3, I use a Netgear WNDR3700. Sometimes the printer/scanner will just be invisible to the PC. If I reboot the router, it works again. Very strange. And I think the wifi signal is fine, the printer is actually right next to it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 43

Go to solution
Awesome. I have had the same problem since having bt infinity and changing encryption to just wpa has fixed it. Thank you do much clever techie person. I would never have thought encryption would be the issue, but I guess some devices such as printers can't support that level of encryption. Nos all my devices can see my canon wifi printer whereas before nine of them could.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 27 of 43

Go to solution

Thank you all the above fgor your help.  However the simplest solution should be tried first - turn the router on and then off.  This restored my connectivity between laptop and printer and between the two laptops on the newtwork but I had tried all the re-installation steps and some of the more techie stuff above.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 43

Go to solution

Glad this topic was refreshed, upgraded to Infinity just before Christmas and guess what no printers I have 2 HP wireless printers and had gone through everything so far mentioned, without success including a hard reset, up and down 2 flights of stairs to press the appropriate buttons.  Printers show in advanced settings and the ip addresses agree with those shown on the printers network report shows excellent connectionquality  76Mb speed show on network in windows 7 with correct address but will not print.  I am worn out so in typical male fashion i sought help. Thanks to this forum I now have something else to try. Too late now as we are off out but will try the more techie solution tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 43

Go to solution

I have suffered these problems with my printer for about a year or so.  I believe that there is a s/w issue with the hub (HH3) with respect to DHCP addressing and what I think is an intermittent failure to provide an IP address.  I had thought that this connection problem was only being suffered by my HP printer; however, I have noticed that my Sky+ (hard wired)  would sometimes lose connectivity and this week I noticed that my TV (wireless) had a 169.x.x.x address.

I have found that to get my printer and TV back online I could either reload the hub or just go into hub and choose a different Wireless channel. That is enough to get the client to reissue a DHCP request - and therefore to restore connectivity.

I have now applied static addresses to my TV, Sky+ and printer with the hope that this will fix this issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 30 of 43

Go to solution

I have had the same problem. I complained twice to BT who lastly said it was a printer fault. Luckily I have a computer geek friend who identified the new Homehub 5 at fault in not recognising the printer's IP address. He has solved the problem by converting from wireless to cable link between the printer and computer. I am most grateful to him, since I spent hours going round in circles, switching off the HH, re-setting the printer with its wizard and getting nowhere. I realise this would not solve everybodies problem, since my printer and computer are only separated by me!

My friend has quite rightly pointed out that BT must ensure their engineers test that the printer(s) work as an essential part of installing Infinity.

0 Ratings