Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 31 of 43

Re: Wireless Printers No Longer Connect after BT Infinity Home Hub Installed

Go to solution

Solved

the long post here shows how to set the printer/network ID manually on the printer buttons - then run the printer setup from the cd and it finds the printer on the network.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...1352678/page/2

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 32 of 43

Go to solution

Unfortunately still appars as "printer not connected" when I try to print.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 33 of 43

Go to solution

Finally it works.

Downloaded the Canon network tool latest version from Canon uk web site (new OSX 10.9 version)

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_seri...

Ran the software, it found the printer on the network and I selected it.

Then went to System Preferences, selected printers, deleted previous printer leaving just the one printer, did a test print and its working.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 34 of 43

Go to solution

I see all of the posts dating back to 2011 and having the same problem when Infinity with Hub 5 installed last week, lost connectivity to wireless printer, a HP Photosmart C4780. Uninstalled it, re-installed from HP download, have it on laptop - wireless network test report says everything is excellent, but network fails to connect to printer. At one point, I saw a box saying that the IP addresses couldn't connect but have not found that again. Turned off Firewall but no difference. So just using ethernet cable.

I am not all technical and all the jargon in the previous posts mean very little to me - is there a simple solution for a non-expert please???

Thank you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 43

Go to solution

The HH5 can be problematical with wireless printers. What you can do is to turn off the smart wireless setting in the hub and differentiate the 2.4 and 5ghz settings by adding a 5 to the SSID for the 5ghz band. This may help if your printer connects using the 2.4 band.

Presumably you are using the new wireless code from the HH5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 43

Go to solution
I had this with my mums printer. Dont faf. Just use the wlan quick connect. Worked straight away with hh5.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 37 of 43

Go to solution
Hello, I am not technical by any stretch of the imagination. I have a wireless printer that worked perfectly until the fibre was swapped over this morning - sometimes it finds it, sometimes it doesnt, even if it does it wont connect to it. What do you nmean by wlan quick connect - how do I do that?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 43

Go to solution

I presume that he means use the WPS button on the Homehub and your printer. The printer instructions will show you how to activate it on the printer.

See link for Homehub

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44213/~/how-do-i-create-a-wireless-connection-to-my-h...

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 39 of 43

Go to solution

This looks interesting with regard to my query but my printer does not have a WPS button and I do not know how to find out the connection procedure for my printer (HP Photosmart C4780). Please advise.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 43

Go to solution

If you had gone onto the HP site you would have found the information you need in the users manual.

I have found the link for you. WPS is mentioned on page 5

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01705962.pdf